Is it safe to crush tramadol?

Hi Barron62, No it is not safe to crush this medicine. I copied the following information for you, hope it helps.

"Take tramadol exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.

Tramadol can be taken with or without food, but take it the same way each time.

Do not crush, chew, or break a tramadol tablet. Swallow it whole. Breaking the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time. This medicine is for oral (by mouth) use only.

Powder from a crushed tablet should not be inhaled or diluted with liquid and injected into the body. Using this medicine by inhalation or injection can cause life-threatening side effects, overdose, or death"

booter42 21 Dec 2010

You are a hard act to follow. Great advice, all you guys amaze me.

christineATU 21 Dec 2010

Thanks Booter. I hope you're feeling well these days? Just got another 5 inches of snow last night. I'm really starting to hate winters!