Is Hydroxyzine HCL the same drug as Cetirizine HCL? If not why the hydroxyzine warning on Cetirizi?

No, hydroxyzine is not the same as cetirizine. (I'm not sure about the warning on cetirizine).

Hydroxyzine reduces activity in the central nervous system. It also acts as an antihistamine that reduces the natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing and runny nose, or hives on the skin.

Hydroxyzine is used as a sedative to treat anxiety and tension. It is also used together with other medications given for anesthesia. Hydroxyzine may also be used to control nausea and vomiting.

Hydroxyzine is also used to treat allergic skin reactions such as hives or contact dermatitis.

Cetirizine is an antihistamine that reduces the natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose. It is used to treat cold or allergy symptoms such as sneezing, itching, watery eyes, or runny nose.

No they are not the same. Cetirizine HCl is believed to be one of the metabolites that form from the consumption of hydroxyzine HCl. Unlike hydroxyzine, cetirizine is not reported to appreciably cross the blood-brain barrier, but it has been reported to be associated with dystonic reactions as well as sedation. Therefore it has a narrower spectrum of effects, making it an effective antihistamine but removing some or all of the anxiolytic and analgesic-sparing properties, but it may cause dystonic reactions and drowsiness in some patients.