8 Jul 2010
Gabapentin (Neurontin) is a prescription medication used to treat the following conditions:
* Epilepsy -- Gabapentin is approved to be used along with other seizure medications to treat partial seizures in adults and children as young as three years old.
* Shingles nerve pain -- This medication is also approved to treat the chronic nerve pain that often occurs after an outbreak of shingles (known medically as postherpetic neuralgia).
Blood thinner; have not heard or read about this, please seek information from the pharmacist/doc, & if possible do inform me too for further knowledge, thanks.
8 Jul 2010
The only way I have ever heard it can affect the blood system is to calm the nerves down the are around the out sides of the blood veins. this could cause the veins to relax and let more blood flow.
I was told that how it works, is it stops nerves from firing to much, which can cause the nerves system in the body to do strange things... like slowing down blood flow.
- Gabapentin Information for Consumers
- Gabapentin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Gabapentin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
1 answer • 29 Apr 2010
Had stents placed two months ago. Thank You
1 answer • 8 Jun 2010
2 answers • 27 Jan 2013
1 answer • 4 May 2014
2 answers • 26 Jun 2014