Is Alprazolam and xanax the same thing?

This question has also been asked and answered here: Ativan vs Xanax - How do they compare?

Yes they are both benzodiazapines, used to treat anxiety and panic attacks.

Anonymous

I take xanax and yes they are the same.-

Brand name: Xanax.-
Generic name: Alprazolam.-

Take care.-

Exactly... you should have got a pamphlet with your script that says thats its "generic for xannax. and it should also say it on the bottle. Same exact thing its just one is cheaper than the name brand and hardly anyone gets "name brand" any more.
I take 1 mg of kolonopin 4x a day bot its actually chlonazaPAM but same thing and since ive been on it ive gotten 3 different looking 1 mg types of the med. It depends on what the pharmacy has on hand and what the doc prescribes

puckiemull 17 Jun 2011

Exactly Kkellie,well put,sorry to that person that my answer was short,i did'nt mean to sound rude.

kkellie 17 Jun 2011

hunnie bunny your not rude i was just "trying" to be edjamacational... lol

marino1990 19 Nov 2014

And not trying to be rude to you kkellie, but it's spelled Klonopin and the generic name is Clonazepam.

To the one asking the question, I know this is old but I'll answer anyway... Alprazolam is generic Xanax. That's what your bottle is going to say when you get it.The only time it will just say Xanax and not Alprazolam is if you get the name brand meds, which are really expensive with no insurance.