If sinemet tablets do not work is this possible you may not have parkinsons?

Not necessarily. If you have been diagnosed with Parkinson's and Sinemet doesn't help your doctor might try out another medicine.

The initial diagnosis must have been confirmed and that is why the doctor started you/or the patient on Sinemet. Maybe Sinemet just won't work for you/the patient.

according to 'viartis' if sinemet does not help your symptoms (tremor excluded) then you do not have parkinson's disease. misdiagnosed.