If I am allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen am I safe taking methocarbamol?

If you are allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen you are most likely just allergic to aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).

Methocarbamol is a muscle relaxant and works differently to aspirin and NSAIDs, so hopefully you won't be allergic to it. It works by blocking nerve impulses (or pain sensations) that are sent to your brain. It has no direct effect on the muscle.

Before taking it let your doctor know that you are allergic to aspirin and NSAIDs.

Be aware of the signs of an allergic reaction (hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat) and see your doctor immediately.