I just started zoloft and Im feeling really nauseous how long do these side affects last?

Anonymous

Hello carisab. I was on zoloft, and yes was nauseous. It left me after several weeks. My dose was around 250mg. The nausea is a normal side effect. Try taking an over the counter anti-nausea medication, that might help.best wishes to you.

Yep as Pledge shared the nausea is a common side effect and will get better with time. It may take a couple weeks though. Try to take the Zoloft with a little food and that may help the nausea. With continued use the nausea will subside, so hang in there!!

Laurie

Hi carisab!, I remember having some mild nausea when I first started Zoloft some time ago, but it only lasted a few days. You may want to contact your doctor if the symptoms do not go away. You may either need something for your nausea( phenergan) or possibly have your medication changed. The nausea should not last more than a few days. Nobody wants to suffer with nausea that long and they do not have too! So please contact your doctor so that youi can get some relief. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I wish you the best. Let us know how you are doing. Sweetie Pie

I wish I could answer that. I have been on it for one week and been terribly nauseous and suffer from sleeplessness as well. I was originally on zoloft about 5 years ago and it did very well for me and I do not remember suffering any side effects. I actually thought that I no longer needed Zoloft and went off for several months. Now, I am back and wish I never would have quit. If I find something that works for me, I will let you know. Good Luck!

I just started taking Zoloft almost a week ago. I cannot sleep, when I close my eyes and lay down I feel like the room is moving. I feel nauseous and rapid heart beat. I wish I could tell you it will go away, I am new to it. But I really dont like it. I am thinking of calling the doctor Monday.

You might ask your doctor (regular doc if pdoc cannot) for Zofran to go along with your Zoloft. Only take the Zofran when you really need them and they should help your nausea.