How long does xanax stay in your body/system?

Anonymous

I suppose someone will have a better answer than me. I would think it would depend on how long you have been on it and how much you take. Its hard to answer.Maybe someone else will answer.

Rajive Goel 15 Jul 2011

Von,

The half-life of xanax immediate release: 11.2 hours; Extended release: 10.7–15.8 hours, the med stays in the body usually 5.5 times its half-life depending upon the dosage, body mass etc.

Rajive

Anonymous 15 Jul 2011

Rajive, thanks I knew it would have something to do with body mass also. When I had my breakdown last year I lost alot of my memory on my nursing skills, sometimes it comes and goes. I hate that, because it was my life. I can never work again, I have had several call wanting me to work for them, I would be afraid to! I don't trust myself anymore, thats why I don't like to give direct answers. Thanks for your help. Von