My doctor has prescribed a ten day treatment with Efudex but I would like to know how long after before my skin looks somewhat normal again? I am using it on my forearms only.
17 Nov 2009
You will see the effect of EFUDEX on your skin in 4 phases:
* Early inflammatory phase: During the first week of application, mild inflammation occurs
* Inflammatory phase: During following weeks, redness, and swelling occur with some crusting and burning
* Tumor disintegration phase: Lesions resolve as the skin exfoliates
* Healing phase: Over 1 to 2 weeks, new skin grows into the treatment area
See http://www.efudex.com/index.jspf for more information.
- Efudex Information for Consumers
- Efudex Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Efudex (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
the treatment is Efudex for skin cancers. Almost two weeks in. itching, burning, dryness becoming a factor.
2 answers • 5 Jan 2010
I broke out in hives over about 40% of my body after using efudex for about 7 days. The doctor said to quit using it..after 2months I still break out ...
1 answer • 29 Jun 2010
Have been on this for a couple of years and would like to start getting off. What should I expect and how long will this take on average?
2 answers • 19 Aug 2010
Can I wash the cream off of my hands after about 2 hours so I can do chores, etc. How long is cream actively working on my skin?
1 answer • 3 Oct 2010
carac and efudex are both fluorouracil.. how do they differ and is the difference important?
1 answer • 24 Jun 2011