My doctor has prescribed a ten day treatment with Efudex but I would like to know how long after before my skin looks somewhat normal again? I am using it on my forearms only.
17 Nov 2009
You will see the effect of EFUDEX on your skin in 4 phases:
* Early inflammatory phase: During the first week of application, mild inflammation occurs
* Inflammatory phase: During following weeks, redness, and swelling occur with some crusting and burning
* Tumor disintegration phase: Lesions resolve as the skin exfoliates
* Healing phase: Over 1 to 2 weeks, new skin grows into the treatment area
See http://www.efudex.com/index.jspf for more information.
- Efudex Information for Consumers
- Efudex Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Efudex (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
the treatment is Efudex for skin cancers. Almost two weeks in. itching, burning, dryness becoming a factor.
2 answers • 5 Jan 2010
1 answer • 31 Mar 2010
Have been on this for a couple of years and would like to start getting off. What should I expect and how long will this take on average?
2 answers • 19 Aug 2010
carac and efudex are both fluorouracil.. how do they differ and is the difference important?
1 answer • 24 Jun 2011
Is Flurocacil equally effective as Efudex?
1 answer • 23 Oct 2013