My doctor has prescribed a ten day treatment with Efudex but I would like to know how long after before my skin looks somewhat normal again? I am using it on my forearms only.
17 Nov 2009
You will see the effect of EFUDEX on your skin in 4 phases:
* Early inflammatory phase: During the first week of application, mild inflammation occurs
* Inflammatory phase: During following weeks, redness, and swelling occur with some crusting and burning
* Tumor disintegration phase: Lesions resolve as the skin exfoliates
* Healing phase: Over 1 to 2 weeks, new skin grows into the treatment area
See http://www.efudex.com/index.jspf for more information.
- Efudex Information for Consumers
- Efudex Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Efudex (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
1 answer • 31 Mar 2010
Have been on this for a couple of years and would like to start getting off. What should I expect and how long will this take on average?
2 answers • 19 Aug 2010
carac and efudex are both fluorouracil.. how do they differ and is the difference important?
1 answer • 24 Jun 2011
... have had continued dizzy spells for most of the last 24 hours. I have a rash very close to my heart that I apply Efudex with a cotton swab to ...
1 answer • 29 May 2013
Is Flurocacil equally effective as Efudex?
1 answer • 23 Oct 2013