My doctor has prescribed a ten day treatment with Efudex but I would like to know how long after before my skin looks somewhat normal again? I am using it on my forearms only.
17 Nov 2009
You will see the effect of EFUDEX on your skin in 4 phases:
* Early inflammatory phase: During the first week of application, mild inflammation occurs
* Inflammatory phase: During following weeks, redness, and swelling occur with some crusting and burning
* Tumor disintegration phase: Lesions resolve as the skin exfoliates
* Healing phase: Over 1 to 2 weeks, new skin grows into the treatment area
See www.efudex.com/index.jspf for more information.
- Efudex Information for Consumers
- Efudex Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Efudex (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
carac and efudex are both fluorouracil.. how do they differ and is the difference important?
1 answer • 24 Jun 2011
... have had continued dizzy spells for most of the last 24 hours. I have a rash very close to my heart that I apply Efudex with a cotton swab to ...
1 answer • 29 May 2013
Is Flurocacil equally effective as Efudex?
1 answer • 23 Oct 2013
When I finish this week will I be able to start using a moisturizer on my nose to help in the healing process or does the skin need to stay dry?
1 answer • 25 Mar 2015