My doctor has prescribed a ten day treatment with Efudex but I would like to know how long after before my skin looks somewhat normal again? I am using it on my forearms only.
17 Nov 2009
You will see the effect of EFUDEX on your skin in 4 phases:
* Early inflammatory phase: During the first week of application, mild inflammation occurs
* Inflammatory phase: During following weeks, redness, and swelling occur with some crusting and burning
* Tumor disintegration phase: Lesions resolve as the skin exfoliates
* Healing phase: Over 1 to 2 weeks, new skin grows into the treatment area
See http://www.efudex.com/index.jspf for more information.
- Efudex Information for Consumers
- Efudex Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)< / span>
- Side Effects of Efudex (detailed)< / span>
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
the treatment is Efudex for skin cancers. Almost two weeks in. itching, burning, dryness becoming a factor.
2 answers • 5 Jan 2010
I broke out in hives over about 40% of my body after using efudex for about 7 days. The doctor said to quit using it..after 2months I still break out ...
1 answer • 29 Jun 2010
... have had continued dizzy spells for most of the last 24 hours. I have a rash very close to my heart that I apply Efudex with a cotton swab to ...
1 answer • 29 May 2013
Is Flurocacil equally effective as Efudex?
1 answer • 23 Oct 2013
I have been prescribed Efudix for my lower lip for 4 weeks of treatment twice a day. I just wanted to find out how long it would take my lip to ...
0 answers • 11 Oct 2014