My doctor has prescribed a ten day treatment with Efudex but I would like to know how long after before my skin looks somewhat normal again? I am using it on my forearms only.
17 Nov 2009
You will see the effect of EFUDEX on your skin in 4 phases:
* Early inflammatory phase: During the first week of application, mild inflammation occurs
* Inflammatory phase: During following weeks, redness, and swelling occur with some crusting and burning
* Tumor disintegration phase: Lesions resolve as the skin exfoliates
* Healing phase: Over 1 to 2 weeks, new skin grows into the treatment area
See www.efudex.com/index.jspf for more information.
- Efudex Information for Consumers
- Efudex Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Efudex (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Can I wash the cream off of my hands after about 2 hours so I can do chores, etc. How long is cream actively working on my skin?
1 answer • 3 Oct 2010
... treatment. I have a social event on the 23rd August and its really important for me that my skin has cleared by then - 4 weeks exactly. Is it ...
1 answer • 25 Jul 2013
Is Flurocacil equally effective as Efudex?
1 answer • 23 Oct 2013
I have been prescribed Efudix for my lower lip for 4 weeks of treatment twice a day. I just wanted to find out how long it would take my lip to ...
0 answers • 11 Oct 2014
When I finish this week will I be able to start using a moisturizer on my nose to help in the healing process or does the skin need to stay dry?
0 answers • 5 days ago