How long before a lumbar puncture should lovenox be withheld, dose is 80mg?

No idea sorry ... please clarify with your doctor/specialist.

jtech 17 Mar 2010

Found out from a pharmacist, you should stop meds and wait at least 7 - 8 hrs. for a lumbar puncture or myelogram, you should wait 24 hrs.

Your doctor should be telling you this information. This is a very critical procedure that you are under taking and it is more complicated by the fact that you are on Lovenox. The typical timeframe for withholding Lovenox is five (5) days before this procedure. Lovenox has a box warning regarding spinal/lumbar puncture. You can be at risk of getting hematomas from the procedure. These hematomas may result in long-term or permanent paralysis. Additional factors that can increase the risk of developing epidural or spinal hematomas are: Use of indwelling epidural catheters; Concomitant use of other drugs that affect hemostasis, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), platelet inhibitors, other anticoagulants. You should be monitored for signs and symptoms of neurological impairment after the procedure, as you will need urgent treatment if there are signs of impairment.