How does suboxone show up in blood work or urine testing for life insurance?

Anonymous

It should only show up as bupenorphine, the active medication in suboxone. On a quickie test in a doctors office, it won't even show up. If they mail it off to a lab, it will show as bupenorphine. They may not mail it off to a lab either. The court systems don't even check for it, it is not likely to be abused.

They have to test specifically for suboxone. It will show up on a 12 panel drug screen, I doubt if it would show up on a life insurance test. Just to be sure let your agent know you are taking suboxone- of course if you want him to know.

Just show whoever is testing you the prescription and you should be fine... Dave