I take 1mg of lorazepam every night before bed. Sometimes i take 1 1/2 or 2mg. What is the safest way to wean off of this drug? I have been told that it will be really tough because i have been on it for so long.
2 Dec 2010
To minimize withdrawal effects, taper the drug slowly. Here are solutions:
1. You can decrease the dose by 25% the first week, 25% the second, by 10%/week thereafter.
2. You can switch to diazepam (easier to wean). Then, taper diazepam.
3. Ask you doctor/pharmacist to develop a tapering schedule for you.
If you found this answer helpful, click the thumbs up icon.
If you didn't, message me.
- Lorazepam Information for Consumers
- Lorazepam Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)< / span>
- Side Effects of Lorazepam (detailed)< / span>
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
out and of sorts. Started me at 10mg for first month now 20mg for almost 2 weeks. I was on for 7 years then went off for a year and now need it ...
1 answer • 30 Apr 2010
I have been taking lorazepam for over 20 years and weaned myself to .5 twice a day for the last 2 years but just can't seem to get any further. ...
2 answers • 17 Feb 2013
After 30 years of taking Lorazepam 1mg 3 times a day, my (present new) psychiatrist has switched me to Diazepam 5mg 3 times a day, after having said ...
1 answer • 10 Jan 2014
... and for anxiety. I suddenly could not sleep in the middle of March. At the emergency i was prescribed Lorazepam. After 2 months i want to wean ...
2 answers • 28 May 2014
I have been taking 4mg of lorazepam for about 3 1/2 years for high anexity including physical symptoms - tremors, irregular heartbeat, difficulity ...
1 answer • 18 Sep 2014