Can I take the garcinia Cambogia if I am taking the levothyroxin pill for thyroid?

As long as you are not pregnant, breastfeeding, taking a diabetic medication (like insulin or glyburide), or a statin and you don't have Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia you should be fine. You should talk to your doctor if you are taking other medications.

readthefile 12 Apr 2014

Wrong. I am a medical professional as well as a thyroid cancer survivor. I had a patient give me some garcinia capsules to try after mentioning weight loss. In four days I GAINED eight pounds and the stuff wiped out my thyroid hormone.

Because these supplements are not regulated byt he FDA there are no studies but I can tell you this is what happened to me so wou;d absolutely NOT recommend any patient taking synthetic thyroid hormone to use garcinia products.

appreciatethehelp 6 May 2014

I tried the Garcinia Cambogia and started gaining weight and was very confused. Then it hit me. Do not take Garcinia Camogia if you are on tyroid medication. You will gain weight. I gained 5 pounds in a two week period and I was going to the gym 5 days a week.

I to take synthroid for 10 years for my hypothyroid. I'm pretty healthy and really only need to loose 10lbs give or take a lb, so I recently started to loose weight the right way and was doing the low calorie thing and exercising, 3 weeks in and a couple of lbs down I decided to use garcinia cambogia well 2 days later I was feeling exhausted and I mean hypothyroid exhausted, but I didn't think anything of it, then I started getting hungry and couldn't eat enough still not thinking nothing. But by day 4 I was physically unable to keep my eyes open and was walking around with a box of Girl Scout cookies. My husband said "its your thyroid meds"! And I started thinking how could it be? How could I get this low this fast? Then it hit me its the garcinia. Which lead me to here googling the same question to see if my suspicions where correct. And I see the other responses confirmed what I thought. So I suggest you stay away from it.
Hope this helps!

Thanks for your answers, I just purchased a bottle of garcinia cambogia cause as anyone with hypothyroidism knows, losing weight sucks... Glad to see so many reviews before I cracked the bottle and made it non refundable. Thanks! :)

trishalimon 10 Jul 2014

Runnerfly I am hypothyroid and I was wondering if you could please update on you're experience with Garcinia Cambogia. Thank you