Is gabapentin prescribed for arthritis?

No its used for nerve pain.

Gabapentin, brand name drugs include Neurontin and Gabarone, is an anticonvulsant used to treat nerve pain and seizures. Gabapentin is also used in adults to manage a condition called postherpetic neuralgia, which is pain that occurs after shingles.
So it is not used for arthritis.

I have RA. I also have a herniated disc in my neck. My GP prescribed Gabapentin for the neck - It has greatly reduced all my pain and I am continuing to take it. It is prescribed for nerve pain and often for fibromyalgia, it is an anticonvulsant but is used frequently to treat chronic pain