Drug that makes people sleep immediately,uncontrol,use by putting liquid on handkerchief?

Are you talking about Ether?

hoquangminh87 11 Feb 2010

thks for ur answer,lol.i know nothing about medical.i see in movie,some bad guides like terrorist usually use it for kidnaps,but i don't know exactly what it i just want to know name of drug! it's ether? i heard that,2 kind of sleepingdrug:one is gas,one is inject to body,i don't know it have a liquid??can u explain for me?

itsmetoo2 11 Feb 2010

On 30th March 1842, Dr Crawford Williamson Long excised one of two tumours from the neck of a Mr James Venable under sulphuric ether anaesthesia. He had rendered his patient insensible via an ether-soaked towel. Some medical students and several other onlookers watched the operation. At first, Dr Long's patient could scarcely believe what had happened. Only when he was presented with the half-inch-diameter cyst did Mr Venable realise that a tumour had been removed. His bill for two dollars itemised the cost of the ether as well as the tumour excision. On 6th June, Dr Long excised Mr Venable's second tumour. Other pain-free operations on different patients under ether anaesthesia followed. The procedures included the removal by Dr Long of a toe, a finger and another cyst..

Hope this helped

hoquangminh87 13 Feb 2010

thks,so,finally,what's that drug name?

itsmetoo2 13 Feb 2010

Ether is inhaled in a rag or in a cup.

Now for injectable there are many.Michael Jackson would know of one. Opps he is forever asleep. God rest his soal.

Both are very unpredictable and is used as a last resort.

hoquangminh87 15 Feb 2010

I found a new kind,it's isoflurane! do u know anything about it? people said that a liquid,use by breathing. how can i use it?

itsmetoo2 16 Feb 2010

"Action And Clinical Pharmacology: Isoflurane is an inhalation anesthetic whose low solubility (blood/gas partition coefficient equals 1.4), permits a rapid induction of and recovery from anesthesia. The mild pungency of isoflurane may limit the rate of induction, although excessive salivation or tracheobronchial secretions do not appear to be stimulated. The level of anesthesia may be changed rapidly with isoflurane. Pharyngeal and laryngeal reflexes are readily and easily obtunded. Isoflurane is a profound respiratory depressant. An increase in anesthetic dose will decrease tidal volume without changing respiratory rate. This depression is partially reversed by surgical stimulation, even at deeper levels of anesthesia. Isoflurane evokes a sigh response reminiscent of that seen with diethyl ether and enflurane.