Can doxycycline hyclate be used to treat a double ear infection?

It is an antibiotic, and seems to have a wide range of infections that it can treat, wether it can treat and ear infection and or dicompfort I couldn't really say... only a pharmacist or doctor would be able to tell or give you a definate answer... Though I have always believed in the swimmers ear solution and believe it or not I feel that it worked real well for build up of wax, swimmers ear, and pain, poss infection, It is 1 part vinegar, 1 part rubbing alcohol and 1 part hydrogen peroxide, you can administer this with a syringe just enough to fill the ear canal, let sit for about a minute and then use cotton swab for about a 1/2 hour, being careful of course not to push the cotton too far into your ear... I have used this since I was a little girl, my grandmother used it on me... not to mention everyone usually has these products in their home... no extra cost, and no extra trips to the store... good luck Blaze22

blaze22 19 Apr 2012

sorry about the typos''''''also meant to say that you do need to be laying down with your head flat on one side like on a firm pillow, it will bubble and make a crackling noise but at the same time it cools, and it is not harmful, me and a couple of my cousins have used this remedy many times and it does seem to work... I would never suggest a remedy as this if I had any doubts what so ever, but too, do not use on small child, all small children need to see the physician first... I was assuming this question was for an adult...