Does polymyalgia rheumatica go away?

Yes, it will eventually go away. It can last anywhere from 1 - 10 years. I am in my second year of it. Follow your doctors advice for meds. Keep moving as much as possible.

The research I have done on the internet says the PMR usually goes away within 2 years, however, I started having pain in October of 2004, diagnosed with PMR in February of 2005 and have had severe pain every day since. Two separate rheumatologists have diagnosed it as PMR. My current specialist tells me that it is not unheard of to experience it for this long. Good luck.