Whats the difference between tramadol and tramadol hydrocloride?

Hello c.a.lee. Tramadol and Tramadol Hydrocloride (full tiltle) are both one and the same. It is the generic drug to the brand name Ultram. Best of wishes and good health to you,pledge

Hi, Tramadol hydrochloride is the 'best' version, as it is released gradually. Tramadol sulphate works it way through your body much faster & you will eliminate the drug much quicker. Thus leaving you with less of the effects.

Tramadol HCL is similar to Tramadol but the formula for Tramadol HCL allows it to be used as an ER(extended release) drug..
The only real differences will be the dosage amount..Tramadol tablets are available in 50mg and 100mg doses. Tramadol HCL capsules are available in 100-400mg (100mg intervals) doses.
good luck.

I don't know

Delila 15 Sep 2013

Seriously? lol!

samsung6 23 May 2015

Tramadol HCL is instant release Tramadol. the 50 mg tablets are Tramadol HCL (hydrochloride)
Tramadol ER is the extended release version available in the 100 200 300 or 400 mg Tramadol HCL can be taken up to 8 times daily or 6 times daily for older patients due to serizure concerns.

the extended release is reported to be more effective for whatever reason. However it is usually prescibed just once daily as the