What is the difference between Lorazepam and Clonazepam?

They are in the same "family"... benzodiazepines..that is... Valium like drugs..but they are two different compounds I believe clonazepam is longer acting... anti anxiety meds

Though both are benzodiazepines, the two drugs are in different classes. Clonazepam is considered a long-acting benzodiazepine, with a rapid onset time of one to four hours and a half-life of approximately 34 hours, while lorazepam is a short-acting benzodiazepine with the same approximate onset time but a half-life of about 15 hours.

I found this:Although most benzodiazepines are used interchangeably, some are most commonly used for certain conditions.

Alprazolam (Xanax), chlordiazepoxide (Librium), chlorazepate (Tranxene), diazepam (Valium), lorazepam (Ativan), and midazolam are used for anxiety disorders;
clonazepam (Klonopin), clorazepate (Tranxene), and diazepam (Valium) are used for seizure disorders;
estazolam, flurazepam, quazepam (Doral), temazepam (Restoril), and triazolam (Halcion) are used for insomnia;
midazolam, lorazepam (Ativan), and diazepam (Valium) are used in anesthesia;
diazepam (Valium) also is used for muscle relaxation;
chlordiazepoxide (Librium) is used for alcohol withdrawal.