Can I cut the 40 mg viibryd pills in half?

Yes, as long as your doctor tells you that that is what you should do. The above poster said it's scored but the 40mg pill is not. I have to cut mine in half and have a hard time getting it equal but you can do it that way.

Only if the doctor prescribed 20 mg for you.

Be very careful with this one. I have tried 3 times to take cut 40's (I'm prescribed 20s) and I take it before going to bed. Each night I have an outer body experience, have difficulty waking from it, and feel like I'm in a coma. I am a psych professional, I do not have any psych diagnoses other than anxiety due to post-traumatic stress disorder. I am not prone to hallucinations or anything odd. But these nights really freaked me out. Some medications cannot be cut/opened due to the amount of chemicals being dumped into your system quickly. I don't know if this is one of them. But, if it does this to you, then stop and tell your doctor.

Hello tpparker1. Yes you can. I believe it has a perforated line just for that purpose. I'd take the dug as perscribed. If your doctor confirms that yes, for reasons other, you can split the dose. Regards, pledge

lennongurl 23 Jul 2012

Hi pledge, the 40mg is not scored. Just thought I'd let you know!

Anonymous 24 Jul 2012

Thank you Lemongurl. Appreciated, pledge