Ciprofloxacin - can alchohol be consumed while taking this pill?

This question has also been asked and answered here:
Can you drink alcohol while taking ciprofloxacin?

Anonymous

Hello arch123. Yes you can. However, more often than not it is suggested not to drink alcohol while taking an antibiotic as it will weaken the potency/effectiveness of the drug. Regards pledge

You can drink with it, but Cipro can mess up your stomach enough without adding alcohol to the mix.

Hello arch,
I have just read that u should avoid alcohol, and thinks containin alot of caffiene, hope this healps...

angel1662

Hello. Cipro is a powerful antibiotic. If you have any liver or kidney problems It can cause complications. Alcohol challenges the liver. Although the literature does not restrict use, I would suggest no more than a small glass of wine or beer. More than that will not help your body heal.

It also is bad for tendons. I already had tendonitis and was prescribed this. It even messed up the tendons in my hip. I'm getting over that, but I was just getting where i could walk after PT. Now my legs are so weak, and my feet and ankles hurt pretty bad. It just doesn't seem fair.