Can you take pepto bismol will taking coumadian ?

more than anything I want you to be safe from what I know (not be a doctor) Coumadin is a drug that has interactions with mineral oil and many many other things just to be on the safe side I would contact the doctor's office or your pharmacist, I have family that is on the drug but like you they are monitored very close so double check please take care

I too am on Coumadin and have been for years and will be on it for life due to a blood clotting disorder. Pepto Bismol has traces of aspirin in it so I would very highly recommend that you don't mix them. If you do need something on a short term for your stomach then I would contact your doctor and see what he/she recommends maybe you could take some for a short time but check first. Hope this helps you some, marjorie zych

Pepto contains salycilates which are aspirin like compounds. If you take Pepto with Coumadin it will throw your INR off by increasing it. You could become at risk for bleeding Ask your pharmacist or prescribing doctor what to take for your stomach as many things can interact with Coumadin. Your physician will want to be aware you are having stomach problems as well.

Anonymous

Interactions between your selected drugs

warfarin ↔ bismuth subsalicylate
Applies to: Coumadin (warfarin), Pepto-Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate)
GENERALLY AVOID: Theoretically, salicylates may potentiate the effects of anticoagulants and increase the risk of bleeding. Salicylates interfere with the action of vitamin K and induce a dose-dependent alteration in hepatic synthesis of coagulation factors VII, IX and X, occasionally increasing the prothrombin time. While these effects are generally slight for most salicylates (except aspirin) at recommended dosages, they may be of clinical significance when combined with the inhibitory effects of anticoagulants on the clotting cascade. Moreover, salicylates are known to cause dose-related gastrointestinal bleeding, which may be complicated by anticoagulant therapy.