Can people take Adderall for adhd and Klonopin for stress at the sametime?

Hey raposa,

Yes, you can take Adderall with the Klonopin. There is no interaction between these two medications. Always best to check with the pharmacist or doctor though.

Best wishes,

Laurie

Klonopin is commonly used to treat anxiety and panic attacks. Unfortunately, your body develops a tolerance to the drug within app. 2 months. It is also HIGHLY PHYSICALLY addictive. I received it from a Psychiatrist. I called my Neurologist to ask how to withdraw from this drug. She is an Epileptologist. At one time Neurologists used Klonopin to treat epilepsy. Most neurologists now wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, as it is as addictive as heroin and alcohol, and sudden withdrawal can be deadly. She gave me a very slow taper, and I still had intense withdrawal symptoms. After getting the drug out of my system,
My anxiety was back with a vengeance. My oldest daughter has ADHD and her neurologist tried her on Ritalin... which turned her into a zombie. When Adderall came out, she tried that as well... but it made her extremely anxious. I would get a second opinion from a Psychiatrist. Klonopin should not be used for more than 7 days! I hope this helped. I wish you the best of luck!

The brain is such a funny thing, I was on Adderall XR but developed bad irritiablity, Doc wrote me a scipt for Klonopin. For me, the 2 together (not taken at the same time) made me very depressed, suicidal thoughts, could not work (had to take FMLA), cognitive thinking was very bad, and very forgetful.

I see my Doc in a couple days and will have him cancel the refills (he gave me 5). Plus, after reading all the withdrawl nightmares regarding Benzo's combined w/my addictive personality (not to stims, mainly downers), I have to stay away from it.

There are, however, lots of people that are prescribed this combo and it works well for them.

isla1970 11 Jun 2011

Great, saw Pdoc yesterday, his solution is to add (1) mg Klon to each Adderall dose (taken together), to drop to 20mg Add bid and then take (2) 1 mg tabs Klon at bedtime.

So this, in the course of a day adds up to 4mg of Klons - high dose I think.

Today is the 1st day on this "new" combo, I am not 100% on board with this but thankfully I do not fear abusing either Add's or Klon's as neither give me any type of euphoria or elevate my mood. Vic's & Norco's on the other hand, oh lord - those act as a stimulant for me and benefit me way more than any Adderall could. Of course, won't be prescribed long term.

The withdraw off of Klon's scare the hell out of me but I am going with this for a week to see how I do. I think adding an SSRI or Wellbutrin may help but we'll see how I do for the next week on this combo.

While I didn't take Adderal for my ADHD, I did take Vyvanse and Intuniv. I've been on Klonopin for a sleep disorder for 20 years now, and the combination of the two (Vyvanse and Klonopin) worked well. I've been slowly decreasing on my meds (I am challenging each of my medications to see if I still need them) and have taken about six months to drop down from 1 mg 3 times a day of Klonopin to .25 mg at bedtime. So far no problems with the taper and I'm not needing the Klonopin anymore. So, yes, I was able to use the ADHD meds with Klonopin, and using a very slow taper I've had no problems getting off of the Klonopin.

Yes, I do.