Can I treat my heartburn with alka seltzer plus cold?

Anonymous

I would not thinki this would be advisable since alka seltzer alone has aspirin in it. It is known to cause GERD problems. Aspirin I mean, so no I would not suggest it for heatburn. Tums would be a better choice... Mary

AquariusAnneCA 25 Jan 2012

I agree with Mary's answer on the alka seltzer. It depends on how often you have this heartburn and if it is more than two times a week, please see a Gastro doctor instead of trying to treat it yourself. There are several reasons for heartburn, thus several different remedies. There are natural products such as a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or they have vinegar tablets, if you want to try something not so harsh but again, it depends on how often this heartburn effects you.

Anonymous 25 Jan 2012

Some other home remedy is put a teaspoon of baking soda in glass of water & stir well, drink it. It may make you belch, but may also help! Mary