Can I take mucinex dm with sudafed nasal congestion?

Yes, it's fine to take Mucinex DM (dextromethorphan and guaifenesin) and Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) together.

boblite 16 Mar 2012

What about the new formulation of sudafed that substitutes loratadine for pseudoephedrine ? Does this conflict with Mucinex DM ?

boblite 16 Mar 2012

Oops... the new version of Sudafed replaces pseudoephedrine with phenylephedrine, not loratadine.

No, you should definitely not take Mucinex DM with Sudafed. Mucinex DM already contains 60mg of pseudoephedrine. I have personally made that mistake and you will feel restless and anxious.

boblite 16 Mar 2012

According to the Mucinex DM label, it does NOT contain pseudoephedrine.

ringo24601 15 Sep 2014

Actually it depends on the type of Mucinex. Some types have Pseudoephedrine, others don't, so reading the label is always important.