Can I take ibuprohen 800 mg along with acetaminophen/cod #3?

I would check it out on the INTERACTION CHECKER here on the site.That can tell you anything you want to know as far as combinding of medications.

Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory, or in the NSAID family, this is different from acetaminophen, so they can be taken together, without incident. They are two completely different medications. It may cause some stomach upset, so I would maybe have a few crackers or something on your tummy before taking this med. I have to do this with almost any med, just a word of advice. Always check it out, better always to be safe than sorry I wish you luck friend. Bless You

Anonymous 14 Aug 2010

You are very right

lizswan84 24 Oct 2012

oh my lord thank you so much! I was prescribed tylenol w/codeine and it was not helping with my swollen, inflamed throat at all!

This is acceptable because Tylenol 3 (30g codeine/300mg acetaminophen) is metabolized in the Liver and ibuprofen/Advil/Motrin is detoxed by the kidneys. You'll probably have enough synergistic pain relief with combining with Tylenol 3 so 600mg ibuprofen should be sufficient enough to notice its additional anti-inflammatory effects. BTW 650-1000mg Tylenol is a normal to high dose range so 300mg a small dose anyway. Its the codeine (opioid) you should be more concerned about if you're combining it with excessive alcohol or other opioids. Codeine is ok to take with ibuprofen at their typical recommended dosages..

(1)Dr. Paul A. Moore, chair of dental anesthesiology at the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania: