Can I take ibuprohen 800 mg along with acetaminophen/cod #3?

I would check it out on the INTERACTION CHECKER here on the site.That can tell you anything you want to know as far as combinding of medications.

Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory, or in the NSAID family, this is different from acetaminophen, so they can be taken together, without incident. They are two completely different medications. It may cause some stomach upset, so I would maybe have a few crackers or something on your tummy before taking this med. I have to do this with almost any med, just a word of advice. Always check it out, better always to be safe than sorry I wish you luck friend. Bless You

Anonymous 14 Aug 2010

You are very right

lizswan84 24 Oct 2012

oh my lord thank you so much! I was prescribed tylenol w/codeine and it was not helping with my swollen, inflamed throat at all!

It is dangerous to combine acetaminophen with Ibuprofen. Because one of my meds has acetaminophen in it I do not take Tylenol for any reason and if I have a headache or anything that doesn't have to do with my chronic pain disease I will take Advil (Ibuprofen) separately but not at the same time.
Be careful and please check as Advil is harder on the liver and acetaminophen is harder on our kidneys. You can go back and forth but I wouldn't do both at the same time especially in prescription strength.