Can I take 15g meloxicam and 5mg prednisone together?

Anonymous

Interactions between your selected drugs
prednisone ↔ meloxicam

Applies to: prednisone, meloxicam

Hi, the advice listed previously is obviously correct and should be noted, i just wanted to say that the 2 can be used successfully in many cases with no side effects. But everyone is different, so you must notice your own reaction to the medication

I sure hope so because I am taking the two drugs together and so far nothing bad has happened.

Hi. I am currently taking 7.5 of Meloxicam in the morning and evening and 10 mg of Prednisone each day. This is how my doctor has me do this safely as I already have acid reflux and this does work for me without any problems: In the morning eat some crackers/cereal, then take the Prednisone. I wait at least 20 minutes and take 20 mg of Prilosec then eat more cereal/crackers and take the 7.5 Meloxicam. I take the second 7.5 after dinner. The doctor also has me on Vit D/Calcium as prolonged use of Prednisone can contribute to the development of steroid-induced osteoporosis. (I had a bone density test before she started me on the Prednisone.) This works for me but it is best to consult with your doctor (hopefully a rheumatologist) and/or pharmacist. One other thing that I feel is very important is to always use the same pharmacy to get your medications as they can cross reference them. Everyone reacts differently so what works for me might not for you. Good luck!