Birth Control - Will azithromycin affect birthcontrol?

Azithromycin may reduce the effectiveness of hormonal birth control tablets although the risk is small. To be safe it is recommended that another method of birth control (eg condoms) be used for the time you are taking the antibiotics and then for another 7 days. Check with your doctor if you are unsure.
For more information on the drug interaction see:
http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=300-0,1044-1592

Although most antibiotics probably do not affect hormonal birth control such as pills, patch, or ring, some antibiotics may decrease their effectiveness. This could cause pregnancy. Examples include rifamycins such as rifampin or rifabutin. Please ask your doctor/pharmacist if you should use additional reliable birth control methods while using azithromycin.

Take care, be well & safe, please.