Can I take amoxicillin for strep throat?

If the doctor prescribed it. If it's old stuff left over, it probably won't kill the strep or you might not have enough to finish the course. Either way, the strepococ-whatever will become antibiotic resistant. Then it would take a mega dose in strength. This is one reason we have bacteria that just keeps growing and going. You really need to see a doctor and get a new script. If it's in a liquid form it really is a touchy thing and loses its germ fighting properties. It can do more harm than good.

Are you sure its strep throat? Why do you have amoxicillin? There should never be left over antibiotics. See your dr, get the appropriate antibiotic, and take all of it.

meyati 26 Nov 2012

Exactly, especially in this day and age everything is measured to the correct pill and last drop.

Yes you can as long as it was prescribed to you for the strep throat. If not, then you need to go to the doctor and be checked out! Hope you feel better!

Without a strep test you might have a virus instead. Very irritant to see a doctor. How are you doing now?