Vytone Side Effects
Generic Name: hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical
Note: This page contains side effects data for the generic drug hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical. It is possible that some of the dosage forms included below may not apply to the brand name Vytone.
It is possible that some side effects of Vytone may not have been reported. These can be reported to the FDA here. Always consult a healthcare professional for medical advice.
Applies to hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical: topical application cream
As well as its needed effects, hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical may cause unwanted side effects that require medical attention.
If any of the following side effects occur while taking hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical, check with your doctor immediately:Incidence not known
- Blistering, burning, crusting, dryness, flaking, scaling, severe redness, soreness, or swelling of the skin
- burning and itching of the skin with pinhead-sized red blisters
- burning, itching, and pain in hairy areas, or pus at the root of hair
- reddish purple lines on the arms, face, legs, trunk, or groin
- redness and scaling around the mouth
- softening of the skin
- thinning of the skin with easy bruising, especially when used on the face or where the skin folds together (eg, between the fingers)
Some hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical side effects may not need any medical attention. As your body gets used to the medicine these side effects may disappear. Your health care professional may be able to help you prevent or reduce these side effects, but do check with them if any of the following side effects continue, or if you are concerned about them:Incidence not known
- Acne or pimples
- increased hair growth on the forehead, back, arms, and legs
- lightening of normal skin color
- lightening of the treated areas of dark skin
More about Vytone (hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical)
- Other brands: Dermazene
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.