Dermatop Side Effects
Generic Name: prednicarbate topical
Note: This page contains information about the side effects of prednicarbate topical. Some of the dosage forms included on this document may not apply to the brand name Dermatop.
Applies to prednicarbate topical: topical application cream, topical application emollient cream, topical application emollient ointment, topical application ointment
In addition to its needed effects, some unwanted effects may be caused by prednicarbate topical (the active ingredient contained in Dermatop). In the event that any of these side effects do occur, they may require medical attention.
You should check with your doctor immediately if any of these side effects occur when taking prednicarbate topical:Less common
- Burning, itching, drying, scaling, or cracking of the skin
- irritation of the skin
- raised, dark red, or wart-like spots on the skin, especially when used on the face
- shininess or thinness of the skin
- thinning of the skin with easy bruising, especially when used on the face or where the skin folds together (e.g., between the fingers)
- Blistering, burning, crusting, dryness, or flaking of the skin
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
- hives or welts
- itching, scaling, severe redness, soreness, or swelling of the skin
- skin rash
- Irritation of the skin around the mouth
- redness and scaling around the mouth
Some of the side effects that can occur with prednicarbate topical may not need medical attention. As your body adjusts to the medicine during treatment these side effects may go away. Your health care professional may also be able to tell you about ways to reduce or prevent some of these side effects. If any of the following side effects continue, are bothersome or if you have any questions about them, check with your health care professional:Incidence not known
- Acne or pimples
- burning and itching of the skin with pinhead-sized red blisters
- burning, itching, and pain in hairy areas, or pus at the root of the hair
- increased hair growth on the forehead, back, arms, and legs
- lightening of normal skin color
- lightening of the treated areas of dark skin
- reddish purple lines on the arms, face, legs, trunk, or groin
Not all side effects for Dermatop may be reported. You should always consult a doctor or healthcare professional for medical advice. Side effects can be reported to the FDA here.
More about Dermatop (prednicarbate topical)
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.