Generic name: clonidine
Dosage form: patch, extended release
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Catapres-TTS safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Catapres-TTS.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Apply CATAPRES-TTS® (clonidine) transdermal therapeutic system once every 7 days to a hairless area of intact skin on the upper outer arm or chest. Each new application of CATAPRES-TTS transdermal therapeutic system should be on a different skin site from the previous location. If the system loosens during 7-day wearing, the adhesive cover should be applied directly over the system to ensure good adhesion. There have been rare reports of the need for patch changes prior to 7 days to maintain blood pressure control.
To initiate therapy, CATAPRES-TTS transdermal therapeutic system dosage should be titrated according to individual therapeutic requirements, starting with CATAPRES-TTS-1. If after one or two weeks the desired reduction in blood pressure is not achieved, increase the dosage by adding another CATAPRES-TTS-1 or changing to a larger system. An increase in dosage above two CATAPRES-TTS-3 is usually not associated with additional efficacy.
When substituting CATAPRES-TTS transdermal therapeutic system for oral clonidine or for other antihypertensive drugs, physicians should be aware that the antihypertensive effect of CATAPRES-TTS transdermal therapeutic system may not commence until 2-3 days after initial application. Therefore, gradual reduction of prior drug dosage is advised. Some or all previous antihypertensive treatment may have to be continued, particularly in patients with more severe forms of hypertension.
- Catapres-TTS Side Effects
- Catapres-TTS Drug Interactions
- Catapres (clonidine hydrochloride) tablet dosage information
- Catapres (clonidine) consumer information
- Clonidine dosage information
- Clonidine consumer information
- Kapvay (clonidine hydrochloride) tablet, extended release dosage information
- Kapvay (clonidine) consumer information
- Nexiclon XR (clonidine) tablet, extended release dosage information
- Nexiclon XR Suspension (clonidine) oral suspension, extended release dosage information