This material must not be used for commercial purposes, or in any hospital or medical facility. Failure to comply may result in legal action.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Stillbirths happen for many reasons. Many times there are no causes found.
AFTER YOU LEAVE:
Follow up with your obstetrician as directed:
You will need to return for an exam and may need more tests. You may be referred to a counselor or support group. Write down your questions so you remember to ask them during your visits.
Contact your obstetrician or primary healthcare provider if:
- You have a fever.
- You are depressed and feel you cannot cope with what has happened.
- You have questions or concerns about your condition or care.
Seek care immediately or call 911 if:
- You have heavy bleeding that soaks a pad in 1 hour for 2 hours in a row.
- You vomit several times in a row.
- You have abdominal pain even after you take pain medicine.
© 2015 Truven Health Analytics Inc. Information is for End User's use only and may not be sold, redistributed or otherwise used for commercial purposes. All illustrations and images included in CareNotes® are the copyrighted property of A.D.A.M., Inc. or Truven Health Analytics.
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.