What to do for bloating while taking metamucil?

Metamucil (psyllium) is a bulk-forming fiber laxative. Psyllium works by absorbing liquid in the intestines and swelling to create a softer, bulky stool that is easier to pass.
Bloating is a common side-effect of Metamucil. For new users, start by taking a small amount of Metamucil and then gradually increase to the recommended dosage to allow your system to adjust and to minimize gas and bloating. If you have tried this and you still experience bloating talk to your doctor. You may have to try something different.