7 Feb 2010
How long a drug stays in your system is a very difficult question to answer. It is dependant on many factors e.g.
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
Methylprednisolone has a medium half life range of 18 to 36 hours - meaning it takes the body 18 to 36 hours to clear 50% of the drug.
All these factors along with the drugs half life determine how long it remains in your system.
Sorry I could not be more specific.
- Methylprednisolone Information for Consumers
- Methylprednisolone Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Methylprednisolone (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
my friend is in a lot of pain and was prescribed them but is fighting a battle for her kids need to know how long it will stay in her system
3 answers • 25 Jul 2010
If I tack two deferent binzos can thy find out witch, ones at a drug test. How long will it stay in my system
2 answers • 21 Oct 2010
I am taking 4 mg pills over a course of 6 days. I am wondering how long the medicine will stay in my system after that. Thank You.
1 answer • 11 Nov 2010
Hi, I have MS and i just finished an my first IV course of 1g for 3days of methylprednisolone for a flare. My question is, how long does it take for ...
1 answer • 23 Nov 2013
I'm on my last dose of the 4mg 6 pack of methylprednisolone tomorrow and I want to know when this stuff will be completely out of my system. ...
1 answer • 21 Jul 2014