7 Feb 2010
How long a drug stays in your system is a very difficult question to answer. It is dependant on many factors e.g.
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
Methylprednisolone has a medium half life range of 18 to 36 hours - meaning it takes the body 18 to 36 hours to clear 50% of the drug.
All these factors along with the drugs half life determine how long it remains in your system.
Sorry I could not be more specific.
- Methylprednisolone Information for Consumers
- Methylprednisolone Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Methylprednisolone (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
how long does concerta stay in yor system?
1 answer • 15 Jun 2010
I am taking 4 mg pills over a course of 6 days. I am wondering how long the medicine will stay in my system after that. Thank You.
1 answer • 11 Nov 2010
I finished taking the methylprednisolone 7 days ago - is this now out of my system.
1 answer • 13 Oct 2013
Hi, I have MS and i just finished an my first IV course of 1g for 3days of methylprednisolone for a flare. My question is, how long does it take for ...
1 answer • 23 Nov 2013
just wanted to know how long one 20 mg. lasic will stay in your system?
1 answer • 3 Oct 2014