7 Feb 2010
How long a drug stays in your system is a very difficult question to answer. It is dependant on many factors e.g.
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
Methylprednisolone has a medium half life range of 18 to 36 hours - meaning it takes the body 18 to 36 hours to clear 50% of the drug.
All these factors along with the drugs half life determine how long it remains in your system.
Sorry I could not be more specific.
- Methylprednisolone Information for Consumers
- Methylprednisolone Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Methylprednisolone (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
I can't believe that one pill that you have never taken before can stay in your system up to 7 days. I've never heard of anything like ...
3 answers • 23 Dec 2009
I am taking 4 mg pills over a course of 6 days. I am wondering how long the medicine will stay in my system after that. Thank You.
1 answer • 11 Nov 2010
My son had an addiction and was sent to a detention center for 5 days. He had not done them for 6 days but when he got out, he tested positive for ...
5 answers • 2 Aug 2011
... very nervous and jittery how will this drug stay in my system before I feel better?
1 answer • 21 Aug 2011
Hi, I have MS and i just finished an my first IV course of 1g for 3days of methylprednisolone for a flare. My question is, how long does it take for ...
1 answer • 23 Nov 2013