ZIPPTest Canine Heartworm Lateral Flow TestThis page contains information on ZIPPTest Canine Heartworm Lateral Flow Test for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- ZIPPTest Canine Heartworm Lateral Flow Test Indications
- Warnings and cautions for ZIPPTest Canine Heartworm Lateral Flow Test
- Direction and dosage information for ZIPPTest Canine Heartworm Lateral Flow Test
ZIPPTest Canine Heartworm Lateral Flow TestThis treatment applies to the following species:
Canine Heartworm Antigen Test Kit
Disease Background Information
Dogs are considered the definitive host for heartworms, known by the scientific name of Dirofilaria immitis. However, heartworms may infect more than 30 species of animals, including humans. This worm is transmitted when a mosquito carrying infective heartworm larvae bites a dog. The larvae grow, develop, and migrate in the body over a period of several months to become sexually mature male and female worms. These worms reside in the heart, lungs, and associated blood vessels. Even as immature adults, the worms mate and the females release their offspring, known as microfilariae, into the blood stream. The time elapsed from when the larvae enter the dog, until the minute offspring can be detected in the blood (pre-patent period), is about six to seven months.
This test is a rapid (10 minute) assay based on the detection of adult female Dirofilaria antigen present in the dog’s serum, plasma or anticoagulated whole blood (EDTA or heparin). The assay uses sensitized gold particles to bind up this antigen and deposit at the test line. The accumulation of this gold particle/antigen complex at the test line results in a band (line) that can be seen visually. A second control line indicates that the test has been performed correctly.
● 15, 30 or 50 pouches containing test devices
● 15, 30 or 50 transfer pipettes
● 1 dropper bottle containing 6 mL of chase buffer
● Instructions for Use
● Use the kit before the expiration date stamped on the kit box.
● Store the kit at 2-8 °C. Allow the kit to come to room temperature (15-25 °C) before using.
● Open the pouch containing the device immediately before use.
● Run the test on a flat, horizontal surface. Hold the sample pipette and chase buffer vertically when adding reagents to the sample window of the test device.
● Do not touch the white membrane surface at any time. This could tear the membrane resulting in an inaccurate test.
● Add only the correct amount of sample and chase buffer to the device.
● Chase buffer contains sodium azide as a preservative.
1. Bring kit and its contents to room temperature.
2. Tear open the pouch and place the test device on a flat, horizontal surface.
3. Using provided transfer pipette, aspirate sample and dispense 1 drop to the sample window by squeezing the bulb on the transfer pipette. (Diagram 1)
4. Immediately add 2 drops of chase buffer to the sample window. (Diagram 2)
5. Set timer for 10 minutes, start timer after addition of chase buffer. (Diagram 3)
6. Interpret results after 10 minutes. (Diagram 4)
CAUTION: Do not deviate from the above procedure. Deviations will compromise test performance and results.
Reading Results (Diagram 4)
Hold sample at a comfortable distance from the eyes under adequate light so that the line(s) are clearly visible.
Refer to Diagram #4 in this instruction manual.
● If two lines are visible (one at the test line and one at the control line) - the sample is positive.
● If one line is visible (ONLY at the control line) - the sample is negative.
● If no lines are visible, or if only one line is present at the test position (but not the control position), the test is invalid and must be rerun.
VLN 430/PCN 5018.00
For Animal Use Only
For Technical Service: Centaur, Inc.
Tel: (913) 390-6184
Fax: (913) 390-5907
Manufactured by: SafePath Laboratories, LLC., Carlsbad, CA 92010 USA
Tel: (760) 929-7744
PN 3827 Rev. 10
Centaur Animal Health and SafePath Laboratories are committed to quality. If you are not 100% satisfied with this product, contact us at (913) 390-6184, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PN 4807 REV. 2
1351 - F WEST HWY 56, OLATHE, KS, 66061
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the ZIPPTest Canine Heartworm Lateral Flow Test information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2019-09-30