Vista 3 SQThis page contains information on Vista 3 SQ for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Vista 3 SQ Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Vista 3 SQ
- Direction and dosage information for Vista 3 SQ
Vista 3 SQThis treatment applies to the following species:
BOVINE RHINOTRACHEITIS-VIRUS DIARRHEA VACCINE
Modified Live Virus
Product Description: The reconstituted vaccine product contains modified-live cultures of bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) virus and bovine virus diarrhea (BVD) virus (Types 1 and 2).
Vista 3 SQ Indications
For vaccination of healthy cattle, 3 months of age or older, as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) virus and bovine virus diarrhea (BVD) virus (Type 2) and as an aid in the control of disease caused by bovine virus diarrhea (BVD) virus (Type 1). Duration of Immunity has been demonstrated to be at least 1 year for IBR virus and BVD viruses (Types 1 & 2). In addition, this product is for vaccination of healthy cows and heifers prior to breeding as an aid in reduction of abortion due to IBR and as an aid in prevention of fetal infection, including persistently infected calves caused by BVD (Types 1 & 2). Reproductive Duration of Immunity has been demonstrated to be at least 217 days for IBR and at least 206 days for BVD (Types 1 & 2). Safe for use in pregnant heifers and cows or calves nursing pregnant cows provided the cows and heifers in the herd are vaccinated prior to breeding, within the previous 12 months, with any of the modified live IBR and BVD containing vaccine(s) in this product line.
Mixing Directions: Rehydrate freeze dried vial of Vista® 3 SQ with part of the accompanying vial of diluent using the transfer needle provided (see pictorial directions). Mix reconstituted vial well and transfer rehydrated vaccine into diluent vial using transfer needle. Remove transfer needle from former diluent vial and mix reconstituted vial well. Peel label from bottle of Vista® 3 SQ and place on diluent vial containing all vaccine.
Use Directions: Inject 2.0 mL subcutaneously. Annual revaccination is recommended. A revaccination dose can be administered at more frequent intervals based upon individual farm disease risk assessment or any time epidemic conditions exist or are reported. Consult your veterinarian.
CAUTION: THE TRANSFER NEEDLE, INCLUDED IN THE CARTON PACKAGING, IS SHARP AND MAY CAUSE INJURY TO SELF OR ANIMALS IF NOT HANDLED OR DISPOSED OF PROPERLY.
1. Insert needle beyond breather valve into the vial of lyophilized vaccine to remove vacuum.
2. Turn the vial of lyophilized vaccine upside down and fully insert needle into the sterile diluent bottle. Be sure to clear cap with breather valve.
3. Turn attached vial and bottle so the vial of lyophilized vaccine is underneath the sterile diluent bottle and squeeze enough sterile diluent into the vial of lyophilized vaccine to rehydrate the vaccine. Mix well.
4. Turn attached bottles so rehydrated vaccine is above the sterile diluent bottle. Squeeze air into rehydrated vaccine vial.
5. Squeeze and release the sterile diluent bottle until all the solution in the rehydrated vaccine vial drains into the sterile diluent bottle.
6. Separate the vial of lyophilized vaccine and needle from the sterile diluent bottle. Using the tab, remove the back of the vaccine vial label. Place the separated label over the sterile diluent bottle label to accurately identify the newly created solution.
Cautions: Store at 2°-7°C (35°-45°F). Do not freeze. Use immediately after reconstitution; do not save partial contents. Burn the containers and all unused product. Use only in healthy cattle. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter. Fetal health risks associated with vaccination of pregnant animals with modified live vaccines cannot be unequivocally determined by clinical trials conducted for licensure. Management strategies based on vaccination of pregnant animals with modified live vaccines should be discussed with a veterinarian. If allergic reaction occurs, treat with epinephrine. Contains penicillin and streptomycin as preservatives.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Intervet Inc., Merck Animal Health, division of Intervet Inc., Omaha, NE 68103 USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
For patent information:
NAC No.: 1047434.4
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Vista 3 SQ information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-07-10