Vet-Kem PowerBand Flea & Tick Collar for DogsThis page contains information on Vet-Kem PowerBand Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Vet-Kem PowerBand Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Vet-Kem PowerBand Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs
- Direction and dosage information for Vet-Kem PowerBand Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs
Vet-Kem PowerBand Flea & Tick Collar for DogsThis treatment applies to the following species:
Complete protection against all stages of the flea life cycle
Kills immature fleas, adult fleas and flea eggs for up to 5 months
Kills ticks for up to 5 months including those that may transmit Lyme disease
Integrated plastic buckle design can be used for dogs of all sizes
DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO PLAY WITH THIS COLLAR
Vet-Kem PowerBand Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs Caution
See Below for Additional Precautionary Statements
Propoxur (CAS #114-26-1)
(S)-Methoprene (CAS # 65733-16-6)
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
USE ONLY ON DOGS AND PUPPIES 12 WEEKS OF AGE AND OLDER
This collar is designed to fit 99% of all dogs. In rare instances (for example, well developed St. Bernards or Mastiffs), the collar may be too short. If found short for your dog, return to address on label for full purchase price refund.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
1. Thread flat end of the collar through buckle hole and tighten as necessary, so that at least two ridges are covered by the buckle. Since the plastic buckle is molded into the collar, the possibility of neck irritation and buckle failure is reduced. Collar should fit snug enough to prevent placement of the dog’s/puppy’s leg or lower jaw through the collar, yet loose enough to be rotated about the neck. 2. Leave 1-2 extra inches on the length of the collar for adjustment, cut off excess, and dispose of in trash. 3. Check periodically and adjust fit if necessary, especially when puppies are rapidly growing. 4. Replace in 5 months for continuous protection from adult fleas, ticks, and flea eggs. To release the collar, squeeze buckle between thumb and finger and pull sharply. Collar does not need replacement if dog/puppy becomes wet.
To minimize flea infestation, use other Vet-Kem® flea and tick products to: 1. Treat the indoor environment, especially where pets spend time resting. 2. Treat the outdoor environment when necessary.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL: Storage: Store in original unopened package away from children. Disposal: Dispose of in trash. Collar should be left in place once fitted on dog/puppy. If collar is temporarily removed, wrap in paper or plastic; do not allow children to have access to collar.
What To Expect:
FOR FLEAS AND TICKS:
1. This collar is designed to kill adult fleas, ticks, and flea eggs over the entire pet. 2. This collar begins working to kill fleas, ticks, and flea eggs as soon as it is placed around the dog’s/puppy's neck. 3. This collar will provide continuous protection against fleas, ticks, and flea eggs for up to 5 months. 4. Dead ticks will fall off or may be easily removed. 5. Replace collar every 5 months to help control adult flea and tick infestations on your pet and in your home or if the adult flea problem is under control but flea build-up protection is desired.
PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS - HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS - CAUTION: Do not get dust or collar in mouth. Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through skin. Do not get dust in eyes, will cause temporary constriction of the pupils*. The dust released by this collar is a cholinesterase inhibitor. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing.
HUMANS: Do not open package until ready to use. Do not allow children to play with this collar. Pesticidal dust will form on this collar during storage. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling collar.
ANIMALS: Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, medicated, pregnant, or nursing dogs. Do not use on puppies under 12 weeks of age. Do not use this product on dogs/puppies simultaneously or within 30 days before or after treatment with or exposure to cholinesterase inhibiting** drugs or pesticides (e.g. carbaryl or tetrachlorvinphos, etc.). However, flea and tick collars may be immediately replaced. When collar is first worn, observe neck area every few days for irritation. Remove collar at the first sign of irritation or adverse reaction. Sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, remove collar and bathe your dog/puppy with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water.
FIRST AID: Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
IF SWALLOWED: Call poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
IF IN EYES: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, CALL 1-800-766-7661 OR A POISON CONTROL CENTER. Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN/VETERINARIAN: Contains an N-methyl carbamate that inhibits cholinesterase. *Atropine is antidotal only if symptoms of cholinesterase inhibition are present.
Seller makes no warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the use of this product other than indicated on the label. Buyer assumes all risk of use and handling of this material when such use and handling are contrary to label instructions.
Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. Call 1-800-766-7661 for additional product use information.
**For information on cholinesterase inhibition please call our 800 number or consult your veterinarian.
Vet-Kem is a registered trademark and PowerBand is a trademark of Wellmark International.
©2008 Wellmark International
Made in USA
Wellmark International, 1501 East Woodfield Rood 200W, Schaumburg, Illinois 60173
EPA Reg. No. 2724-493
EPA Est. No. 2724-TX-1
1.2 OZ (34g)
NAC No.: 11430960
301 W. OSBORN, PHOENIX, AZ, 85013
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Vet-Kem PowerBand Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-09-30