The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Uterine Proteolytic BolusThis page contains information on Uterine Proteolytic Bolus for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Uterine Proteolytic Bolus Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Uterine Proteolytic Bolus
- Direction and dosage information for Uterine Proteolytic Bolus
Uterine Proteolytic BolusThis treatment applies to the following species:
For intrauterine or topical use only.
Keep out of the reach of children.
For animal use only.
Each Bolus contains:
Uterine Proteolytic Bolus Indications
A non-medicated urea bolus for use as an antiseptic and proteolytic aid in dairy cattle, beef and sheep.
1. Do not administer orally.
2. Do not use in deep wounds or for burns.
3. To prevent introduction of infection, stringent hygiene must be observed. Completely cleanse external area of animal with warm soapy water prior to inserting bolus or flush. Additional cleansing with approved disinfectant is preferred. Applicator should thoroughly cleanse arms and hands before treating animals.
StorageKeep container tightly closed when not in use. Store in a cool, dry place.
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION:
1. Insert boluses directly into uterus or dissolve in 16 oz warm water for preparation of an intrauterine flush.
2. CATTLE: 2 - 4 boluses
3. SHEEP: 1/2 - 1 bolus
4. Topical application for flushing wounds: Dissolve 4 boluses in 16 oz of warm water. Repeat treatment in 24 to 48 hours if necessary.
Distributed by: MWI, Boise, ID 83705
NAC No.: 13150681
Distributed by MWI Veterinary Supply
3041 W. PASADENA DR., BOISE, ID, 83705
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Uterine Proteolytic Bolus information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-01-04