Tylosin 10 Premix (Canada)This page contains information on Tylosin 10 Premix for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Tylosin 10 Premix Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Tylosin 10 Premix
- Direction and dosage information for Tylosin 10 Premix
Tylosin 10 PremixThis treatment applies to the following species:
Veterinary Use Only
Net Weight 25 kg
Active Ingredient: Tylosin phosphate equivalent to 22g tylosin activity per kg
IMPORTANT: THIS PRODUCT MUST BE MIXED IN FEEDS BEFORE USE.
Tylosin 10 Premix Indications
Indication 1: For use as an aid in the treatment and prevention of cyclic recurrences following treatment of swine dysentery (bloody scours, bloody diarrhea, black scours, hemorrhagic colitis, vibrio).
Indication 2: For use as an aid in the prevention of porcine proliferative enteropathy (ileitis) associated with Lawsonia intracellularis.
Beef Cattle: To reduce the incidence of liver abscesses caused by Actinomyces pyogenes and Fusobacterium necrophorum in beef cattle (steers and heifers) fed in confinement for slaughter.
Indication 1) Treatment - concurrent with tylosin tartrate drinking water therapy of the disease, administer Tylosin 10 Premix at the rate of 5 kg (110 g tylosin activity) per 1000 kg of complete feed for three weeks as the sole ration. Medicated drinking water should be provided for at least the first three days of treatment, or until symptoms disappear.
Indication 1) Prevention following treatment - to prevent recurrence of swine dysentery, the level of Tylosin 10 Premix should be reduced to 2 kg (44 g tylosin activity) per 1000 kg of complete feed until market weight. Feed as the sole ration.
Indication 2) Administer Tylosin 10 Premix at a rate of 5 kg (110 g tylosin activity) per 1000 kg of complete feed. Feed as the sole ration for 21 days, commencing prior to an anticipated outbreak of disease.
Beef Cattle: Administer Tylosin 10 Premix at the rate of 0.5 kg (11 g tylosin activity) per 1000 kg of complete diet including roughage (100% dry matter basis). Feed continuously as the sole ration.
Tylosin 10 Premix Caution
1. Do not use in replacement, breeding or lactating cattle.
2. Not to be used in feeds containing pellet binding agents with the exception of Lignosol (4%) and Agri-Colloid (0.3%). Do not use in any supplement, concentrate or complete feed containing bentonite.
1. Swine treated concurrently with this drug in complete feed and with tylosin tartrate in drinking water must not be slaughtered for use in human food for at least 48 hours after the latest treatment with tylosin in drinking water.
2. No preslaughter withdrawal period is required when swine are treated with this drug at a level of 110 grams of tylosin per 1000 kg of complete feed except when used concurrently with tylosin in drinking water.
Swine dysentery and porcine proliferative enteropathy appear sporadically in swine herds in this country. This drug should therefore only be used for treatment and prevention of dysentery or prevention of porcine proliferative enteropathy in swine following diagnosis of the disease in the herd by a veterinarian.
Store in a cool dry place below 30°C.
Keep from freezing.
Bio Agri Mix LP, P.O. Box 399, Mitchell, ON N0K 1N0
NAC No.: 11610275
P.O. BOX 399, 11 ELLENS STREET, MITCHELL, ON, N0K 1N0
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Tylosin 10 Premix information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-03-29