Tri-Zap Cattle Insecticide Cattle Ear TagThis page contains information on Tri-Zap Cattle Insecticide Cattle Ear Tag for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Tri-Zap Cattle Insecticide Cattle Ear Tag Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Tri-Zap Cattle Insecticide Cattle Ear Tag
- Direction and dosage information for Tri-Zap Cattle Insecticide Cattle Ear Tag
Tri-Zap Cattle Insecticide Cattle Ear TagThis treatment applies to the following species:
For use on Beef and Dairy Cattle (including Lactating) to Control Horn Flies, Face Flies, Lice and Spinose Ear Ticks
No withdrawal period (for meat or milk)
Keep Out of Reach of Children
*(butylcarbityl) (6-propylpiperonyl) ether and related compounds
● Synergized for maximum effectiveness against listed pests
● For use with the Y-TEX UltraTagger® plus
● Reduces blood loss in cattle
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. The labeling must be in the possession of the user at the time of pesticide application.
Use to prevent feeding and irritation by Horn Flies, Face Flies (mechanical vector of Moraxella bovis, the bacterium which causes “Pink Eye” in Cattle), Lice and Spinose Ear Ticks in Beef and Dairy Cattle (including lactating) and Calves.
● For optimum control of all pests listed, use 2 tags per animal -1 tag per ear. (Tag all animals in the herd, including calves, and replace as necessary)
● For adequate control of Horn Flies and Face Flies, use 1 tag per animal. (Tag all mature animals in the herd and replace as necessary)
TRI-ZAP prevents feeding and irritation by Horn Flies for up to 4 months with 2 tags per animal and up to 2 months with 1 tag per animal. TRI-ZAP prevents feeding and irritation by Lice and Spinose Ear Ticks for up to 3 months with 2 tags per animal. TRI-ZAP prevents feeding and irritation by Face Flies for up to 2 months with 1 or 2 tags per animal. No withdrawal period for meat or milk. To minimize development of insecticide resistance, remove used tags at end of season and follow the Y-TEX recommended tag rotation program. Remove tags before slaughter.
Apply as shown with the Y-TEX UltraTagger plus.
Seat male button firmly on pin, press down and give a slight twist.
Place female tag firmly under clip. Collar on tag must be pointing away from pin.
Position applicator over ear and squeeze the handles together.
The ideal position for male stud is between the second and third radial cartilage as shown.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in a cool place in original container, away from direct sunlight. Opened bags containing ear tags should be resealed for storage.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL: Remove tags before slaughter. Securely wrap used tags in a plastic bag or several layers of newspaper and discard in trash.
CONTAINER DISPOSAL: Non-refillable container. Do not reuse bag. Discard bag in trash, or offer for recycling if available.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
May be fatal if swallowed. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet Wear: Long-sleeved shirt and long pants, socks, shoes, and rubber or non-permeable protective gloves when applying tags.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Applicators and other handlers must wear
- Long sleeved shirt and long pants
- Shoes plus socks
- Chemical resistant gloves made out of barrier laminate, polyethylene, butyl rubber ≥ 14 mils, nitrile rubber ≥ 14 mils, neoprene rubber ≥ 14 mils, natural rubber ≥ 14 mils, polyvinyl chloride ≥ 14 mils, or viton ≥ 14 mils.
User Safety Recommendations:
- User should wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
- User should remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
- User should remove PPE immediately after handling this product. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into dean clothing.
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining personal protective equipment (PPE). If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
This pesticide is extremely toxic to fish and aquatic invertebrates. Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment wash waters, rinsate, or by disposal of used tags. Use this product only as specified on the label.
This product contains abamectin, a macrocyclic lactone; zetacypermethrin, a pyrethroid insecticide; and piperonyl butoxide, a mixed-function oxidase inhibitor.
● Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
● Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Hot Line Number
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-255-3924 for emergency medical treatment information. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
This guarantee is a limited guarantee, limited to the replacement of tags only, if the tags failed after being properly applied, to remain in the animal’s ear for a five (5) month period due to tag breakage or separation from button.
Notice Of Warranty
To the extent consistent with applicable law, Y-TEX CORPORATION MAKES NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED concerning this product or its uses which extend beyond the use of the product under normal conditions in accord with the statements made on the label, and in any case, is limited to replacement of tags only.
EPA EST. NO. 39039-WY-01
EPA REG. NO. 39039-27
Y-TEX Corporation, 1825 Big Horn Avenue, Cody, Wyoming 82414
MADE IN USA
0.34 oz. (9.5 grams) PER TAG
0.34 oz. (9.5 grams) PER TAG
5 POUCHES OF 20 TAGS EACH
1825 BIG HORN AVENUE, CODY, WY, 82414
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Tri-Zap Cattle Insecticide Cattle Ear Tag information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2020 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-10-21