SynPhenol-3 DisinfectantThis page contains information on SynPhenol-3 Disinfectant for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- SynPhenol-3 Disinfectant Indications
- Warnings and cautions for SynPhenol-3 Disinfectant
- Direction and dosage information for SynPhenol-3 Disinfectant
SynPhenol-3 DisinfectantThis treatment applies to the following species:
SYNTHETIC PHENOLIC DISINFECTANT
DISINFECTANT CLEANER CONCENTRATE
STAPHYLOCIDAL • PSEUDOMONACIDAL • SALMONELLACIDAL
ASPERGILLOCIDAL • TUBERCULOCIDAL • VIRUCIDAL*
FUNGICIDAL • PARVOCIDAL • MILDEWCIDAL • DEODORANT
KILLS PANDEMIC 2009 *H1N1 INFLUENZA A VIRUS (formerly called Swine Flu)
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
If in eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If swallowed: Call poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If on skin or on clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Immediately rinse skin with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If inhaled: Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth if possible. Call a poison control center or doctor for further treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment.
In case of emergency call toll free: 1-888-241-9545.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.
PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL HAZARDS
Do not apply this product in or on electrical equipment due to the possibility of shock hazard.
This product has been tested by Hood Patterson-Dewar, Electrical Testing Engineers, for its effect on conductive flooring. The method used conforms to the specifications known as NFPA Standard No. 56A, published by the National Fire Protection Association, Second Edition, 1987. This product meets the requirement of NFPA Standard No. 56A.
This product is a synthetic detergent with broad spectrum kill of gram positive and gram negative microorganisms, provides effective cleaning and disinfecting in one operation, non-flammable and non-volatile in use dilutions, excellent solubility, dilutes in hot, cold, soft or hard water of up to 400 ppm water hardness.
The high foaming detergent system of this product has been especially formulated to provide heavy duty cleaning, wetting and penetration of soils and organic matter and easy rinsing of surfaces. Excellent clinging foam is obtained at 1/2 oz. per gallon of water to provide prolonged contact time. This product, at 1/2 oz. per gallon of water provides residual control of odor causing bacteria in the presence of moisture.
This product is recommended for use when used as directed on ceramic and glazed tile surfaces, stainless steel, aluminum, chrome, galvanized metal, glass, and other hard non-porous environmental surfaces such as treated wood, polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC (polyvinyl chloride), polystyrene, vinyl, fiberglass, viton, ethylene propylene, nitrile, acrylic, and polyurethane.
This product at 1/2 oz. per gallon of water is suited for disinfecting and cleaning hard nonporous environmental surfaces in all areas of: swine producing facilities, including farrowing and nursery units, finishing floors, grow barns, confinement units, and transport vehicles; poultry, turkey, duck, ratite, and avian rearing facilities, including grow-out breeder barns, laying operations, and hatcheries, including hatchers and setters, evaporative coolers, fogging systems, humidifying systems, live haul equipment, chick busses, transfer trucks, coop washing, chick boxes, foot pans, trays, feed bins and buggies; calving facilities, including calf hutches and pens, freshening pens, and birthing pens; equine facilities including stables, stalls, breeding and foaling sheds and transport vehicles; hospitals, medical research centers, health care facilities, schools, animal care facilities and research centers, laboratories, veterinary clinics, zoos, and kennels. This product can also be used as a wall and floor cleaner in poultry and meat processing plants, meat packing plants, frozen food and canning operations.
THIS PRODUCT IS EFFECTIVE AGAINST THE LISTED ORGANISMS IN WATER UP TO 400 PPM HARDNESS (AS CaCO3) IN THE PRESENCE OF ORGANIC SOIL (5% BLOOD SERUM):
Alcaligenes faecalis, Strain# 838, Alcaligenes faecalis, Georgia Strain, Aspergillus fumigatus, ATCC# 6285, Beta streptococcus, ATCC#19615, Bordetella bronchiseptica, ATCC# 10580, Candida albicans, ATCC# 18804, A.O.A.C., Fungicidal Test, Enterobacter aerogenes, ATCC# 13048, Enterococci Group D Species, Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE), ATCC# 51299, Escherichia coli, ATCC# 11229, Haemophilus parasuis, ATTC# 19417, Klebsiella pneumoniae, ATCC# 4352, Microsporum canis, ATCC# 42872, A.O.A.C. Fungicidal Test, Microsporum gypseum, ATCC# 52027, A.O.A.C. Fungicidal Test, Mycobacterium bovis (BCG), A.O.A.C., Tuberculocidal Test, Mycoplasma synoviae, Mycoplasma gallisepticum, Mycoplasma
hyopneumoniae, ATTC# 25934, Pasteurella anatipestifer, Pasteurella multocida, ATCC# 6529 (fowl cholera), Proteus vulgaris, ATCC# l3315, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, ATCC# l5442, Rhodococcus equi, ATCC# 6939, Salmonella arizonae PD 36, Salmonella arizonae #7:l, 7,8, Salmonella choleraesuis, ATCC# 10708, Salmonella choleraesuis, Kunzendorf Strain, Salmonella enteriditis, ATCC# 13076, Salmonella gallinarum, ATCC# 9184, Salmonella pullorum, ATCC# 19945, Salmonella schottmuelleri, ATCC# 8749, Salmonella typhimurium, ATCC# 13311, Shigella sonnei ATCC# 25931, Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), ATCC# 33591, Staphylococcus aureus, ATCC# 6538, Staphylococcus epidermis, Staphylococcus hyicus, Streptococcus equi, ATCC# 39506, Streptococcus pyogenes, ATCC# 9342, Streptococcus pyogenes, ATCC#19615, Streptococcus suis, Type II, Taylorella equigenitalis (C.E.M.), Kentucky Strain 3056, Trichophyton equinarum, ATCC# 64916 A.O.A.C. Fungicidal Test, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, ATCC# 9533, A.O.A.C. Fungicidal Test, *Avian adenovirus, *Avian infectious bronchitis virus, *Avian influenza virus, *Avian Laryngotracheitis, *Avian reovirus, *Avian rotavirus ATCC# VR-1, *Canine adenovirus ATCC# VR-800, *Canine coronovirus, ATCC# VR-809, *Canine parvovirus, Strain CPV MLV (Cornell), *Duck enteritis virus (D.V.E.), *Equine arteritis, ATCC# VR-796 (Equine viral arteritis), *Equine herpes virus, ATCC# VR-700 (Equine rhinopneumonitis), *Equine Rotavirus, *Feline calicivirus, ATCC# VR-782, *Feline rhinotracheitis ATCC# VR-636, *Herpes Simplex Type 1, *HIV-1 (AIDS virus), *Influenza A-2/Hong Kong virus, ATCC# VR-544, *Mouse hepatitis virus, Strain MHV-A59, ATCC # VR-764, *Newcastle disease virus, *Parainfluenza virus, Type I, Sendai Strain, ATCC# VR-105, *Porcine Reproduction and Respiratory Syndrome Virus, Strain ISU-P ATCC, #VR-2402, *Porcine rotavirus, ATCC#VR-893, *Pseudorabies virus, Aujeszky Strain, ATCC# VR-135, *Transmissible gastroenteritis virus, Purdue Strains, ATCC# VR-763.
Hard Surface Mildewcidal Test Method: CSMA method 23 at l000 ppm water hardness (as calcium carbonate) and 10% horse serum (as organic soil):
Aspergillus niger ATCC# 6275 (black mold)
Penicillum variable NRRL# 3765 (Green mold)
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
This product may be applied only by the methods specified on the labeling.
General Precautions and Restrictions: Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may be in the area during application. Following application as a low pressure or high pressure spray, do not enter or allow others to enter the treated area until sprays have dried.
General Use Directions:
1. To clean, disinfect and deodorize walls, floors, tables, drinking fountains, sinks, refrigerators, stoves, restroom fixtures and garbage cans: Remove gross filth and heavy soil with a preliminary cleaning step prior to application of this product. Apply solution of 1/2 oz. of this product per gallon of water with a sponge, mop, mechanical spray device or foaming apparatus making sure that all surfaces are wetted thoroughly. Allow surface to remain wet for 10 minutes. Air dry.
2. To clean and disinfect such articles as food and water bowls, non-porous bird toys, non-porous perches, combs, brushes, razors, scissors, and rubber goods: all articles must be thoroughly cleaned to remove excess debris, rinsed and rough dried, including the hollows and lumens, before immersion in solution. Soak for 10 minutes in a solution containing 1/2 oz. this product per gallon of water. Rinse food and water bowls prior to reuse.
3. To disinfect fabrics such as sheets, linens, aprons and uniforms: First rinse to remove gross filth or heavy soil, then soak for 10 minutes in a solution containing 1/2 oz. of this product per gallon of water.
4. To clean gross filth or heavy soil on environmental surfaces prior to disinfection, use 1/2 oz. of this product per gallon of water.
5. Dilution ratios: use 1/2 oz. (15cc) of this product per gallon of water (use 1/16 oz. (2cc) of this product per 16 oz. of water; 1/8 oz. (4cc) this product per 32 oz. of water; 3/16 oz. (6cc) of this product per 48 oz. of water.
HOSPITAL USE DIRECTIONS
1. To clean, disinfect, and deodorize walls and other hard non-porous environmental surfaces, use 1/2 oz. of this product per gallon of water. Apply with cloth, sponge, mop, mechanical spray device or foaming apparatus, making sure all surfaces are wetted thoroughly. Allow surface to remain wet for 10 minutes. For heavily soiled areas a preliminary cleaning is required, remove gross soil and proceed per above.
2. After treatment, rinse surfaces with potable water.
3. This product is an effective Tuberculocide against Mycobacterium bovis in 10 minutes at 20°C when used on hard non-porous inanimate environmental surfaces. Follow above directions, including removal of gross filth or heavy soil prior to application of this product.
4. KILLS HIV ON PRE-CLEANED ENVIRONMENTAL SURFACES/OBJECTS PREVIOUSLY SOILED WITH BLOOD/BODY FLUIDS in health care settings or other settings in which there is an expected likelihood of soiling of inanimate surfaces/objects with blood or body fluids, and in which the surfaces/objects likely to be soiled with blood or body fluids can be associated with the potential for transmission of human immunodeficiency virus Type I (HIV-1).
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLEANING AND DECONTAMINATION AGAINST HIV OF SURFACES/OBJECTS SOILED WITH BLOOD/BODY FLUIDS:
PERSONAL PROTECTION: When handling items soiled with blood or body fluids, use protective equipment such as disposable rubber gloves, gowns, masks and eye coverings. CLEANING PROCEDURE: Blood and body fluids must be thoroughly cleaned from surfaces and objects before application of this disinfectant. CONTACT TIME: To kill HIV-1 a contact time of 10 minutes at room temperature must be allowed. DISPOSAL OF INFECTIOUS MATERIALS: Blood and other body fluids should be autoclaved and disposed of according to local regulations for infectious waste disposal.
Directions For Use In Poultry Houses:
1. Remove all poultry and feeds from premises, vehicles, enclosures, trucks, coops, and crates.
2. Remove all litter and droppings from floors, walls and surfaces of facilities occupied or traversed by poultry.
3. Empty all troughs, racks, and other feeding and watering appliances.
4. Thoroughly clean all surfaces with soap or detergent and rinse with water.
5. Saturate all surfaces with a solution of 1/2 oz. of this product per gallon of water for a period of 10 minutes. Use high pressure sprayer or apply layer of foam with foaming apparatus.
6. Ventilate buildings, coops, and other closed spaces. Do not house poultry or employ equipment until treatment has been absorbed, set, or dried.
7. Thoroughly scrub treated feed racks, troughs, automatic feeders, fountains, waterers, and mangers with a solution of this product at 1/2 oz. per gallon of water. Rinse with potable water before reuse.
Directions For Use In Ratite Ranches, Aviaries, Swine Producing Facilities, Equine Facilities, Veal Barns, And Calving Operations.
1. Do not use in milking stalls, milking parlors, or milk houses.
2. Remove all animals, poultry and feed from premises, vehicles, trucks, coops, crates and enclosures.
3. Remove all trucks, coops, crates, water troughs and feed racks.
4. Remove all gross soil, litter, manure and droppings from animals and poultry from floors, walls and surfaces of barns, pens, stalls, chutes, and other facilities and fixtures occupied or traversed by animals and poultry.
5. Empty all troughs, racks, and other feeding and watering appliances.
6. Thoroughly clean all surfaces with soap or detergent and rinse with water.
7. Saturate all surfaces with a solution of 1/2 oz. of this product per gallon of water for a period of 10 minutes. Use high pressure sprayer or apply layer of foam with foaming apparatus.
8. Immerse halters, ropes and other types of equipment used in handling and restraining animals, forks, shovels, scrapers used for removing litter and manure, in a solution of this product at 1/2 oz. per gallon of water. Allow to remain in contact for 10 minutes.
9. Ventilate buildings, cars, boats, and other closed spaces. Do not house livestock or employ equipment until treatment has been absorbed, set, or dried.
10. Thoroughly scrub treated feed racks, troughs, automatic feeders, fountains, waterers, and mangers with a solution of this product at 1/2 oz. per gallon of water. Rinse with potable water before reuse.
Hatching Egg Sanitizer: This product is recommended for use as a Hatching Egg Sanitizer, with best results being achieved in water temperatures ranging from 78°F to 110°F. The recommended dilution is 1/2 oz. per gallon of water, and may be applied through automatic washing systems, immersion tanks, foaming apparatus, low pressure sprayers, and fogging (wet misting) systems.
Directions For Use In Bird Cages:
REMOVE BIRDS AND FOOD/WATER BOWLS FROM CAGE.
To clean, disinfect and deodorize bird cages and cage floors, remove gross filth and bird droppings with a preliminary cleaning step prior to application of this product. To mix solution of this product using calibrated dropper, mix 2cc of this product to 16oz. of water in any clean spray bottle. For larger solutions, mix 1/2 oz. (15cc) per gallon of water. Spray or wipe making sure all surfaces are wetted thoroughly. Allow surface to remain wet for 10 minutes. Air dry. Return birds to cage.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage or disposal.
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store only in original container away from heat or open flame. Keep container closed when not in use. Storage must be secured sufficiently to make product inaccessible to children or persons unfamiliar with its proper use. PESTICIDE DISPOSAL: Pesticide wastes are acutely hazardous. Improper disposal of excess pesticide, spray mixture, or rinsate is a violation of Federal Law. If these wastes cannot be disposed of by use according to label instructions, contact your State Pesticide or Environmental Control Agency, or the Hazardous Waste representative at the nearest EPA Regional Office for guidance. CONTAINER HANDLING - Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Clean container promptly after emptying. Triple rinse as follows: Empty the remaining contents into application equipment or a mix tank and drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Fill the container 1/4 full with water and recap. Shake for 10 seconds. Pour rinsate into application equipment or a mix tank or store rinsate for later use or disposal. Drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Repeat this procedure two more times. Then offer for recycling if available, or reconditioning, or puncture and dispose of in a sanitary landfill, or incineration, or if allowed by state and local authorities by burning. If burned, stay out of smoke.
Household / Residential Use:
CONTAINER HANDLING - Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Securely wrap original container in several layers of newspaper and discard in trash or offer for recycling if available.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
DANGER. CORROSIVE. Causes irreversible eye damage and skin burns. Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through skin. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
Personal Protective Equipment (ppe)
Handlers must wear:
● Coveralls over long-sleeved shirt and long pants
● Socks and chemical-resistant shoes
● Goggles or face shield
● Chemical-resistant gloves (such as barrier laminate, butyl rubber, nitrile rubber, neoprene rubber and viton)
In addition, applicators and other handlers exposed to vapors, mist, or unexpected splash back must wait until mist has dissipated and the enclosed area has been thoroughly ventilated, or if needed, wear a full face dust/mist filtering respirator with an organic-vapor removing cartridge with a prefilter approved for pesticides (MSHA/NIOSH approval number prefix TC-23C) or a canister approved for pesticides (MSHA/NIOSH approval number prefix TC-14G), or a NIOSH approved respirator with an organic vapor (OV) cartridge or canister with any R, P, or HE prefilter.
Follow manufacturers instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions exist for washables, use detergent and hot water. Discard clothing or other absorbent materials that have been drenched or heavily contaminated with this products concentrate. Do not reuse them. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
User Safety Recommendations
● Wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
● Remove clothing if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
● Remove personal protective equipment immediately after handling this product.
● Wash outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly.
Distributed by: PRN PHARMACAL, 8809 Ely Road, Pensacola, FL 32514
EPA REG. NO. 3862-177-92895
EPA EST. NO. 3862-GA-1
1 Gallon (3.8 L)
8809 ELY ROAD, PENSACOLA, FL, 32514
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the SynPhenol-3 Disinfectant information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2019-06-28