The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
SENTRY Worm Away for catsThis page contains information on SENTRY Worm Away for cats for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- SENTRY Worm Away for cats Indications
- Warnings and cautions for SENTRY Worm Away for cats
- Direction and dosage information for SENTRY Worm Away for cats
SENTRY Worm Away for catsThis treatment applies to the following species:
(Piperazine) for cats
For cats and kittens 6 weeks and older
For the removal of
● large roundworms (ascarids)
Each capsule contains 140 mg Piperazine (as Citrate)
SENTRY Worm Away for cats Caution
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
For the removal of large roundworms, just mix into cat’s food
IMPORTANT CONSUMER INFORMATION
For the removal of large roundworms (ascarids) in cats
Package contents: Blister of 12 capsules
ACTIVE INGREDIENT (in each capsule): 140 mg Piperazine (as citrate)
PURPOSE: For the removal of large roundworms, Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina, in cats.
● For animal use only.
● KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Directions For Use
Kittens should be wormed for the first time soon after weaning; six to eight weeks old. Please refer to the following dosing table for help in finding the right dose for your cat. It is recommended that you weigh your cat to make sure you are giving the right dose.
Kittens and cats (6 weeks or older) weighing:
No. of Capsules
1 to 5 lbs.
6 to 10 lbs.
11 to 15 lbs.
16 to 20 lbs.
21 to 25 lbs.
Over 25 lbs.
● Pull each capsule apart and empty content into one-half of the cat’s regular feeding.
● To be sure the full dose is taken; mix it well.
● Make sure your cat eats the complete dose.
● Watch the cat for a few minutes after dosing to make sure the medication is not rejected.
● When cat has finished eating the dosed food, give balance of the meal.
● Repeat dosage in 10 days
● Reinfection may occur - repeat treatment if indicated.
● Do not worm a kitten less than 6 weeks of age.
● Consult your veterinarian before using in severely debilitated cats, also prior to repeated use in cats which present signs of persistent parasitism.
● Safety in pregnant and nursing cats has not been tested.
RECOMMENDED DE-WORMING SCHEDULE:
Consult your veterinarian in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism. De-worming schedules may vary depending on the climate where you live and the activity of your cat.
You May Notice: Vomiting, loose stools (with or without blood) and decreased activity following treatment. If you notice these signs, contact a veterinarian.
Other Information: Large roundworms are the greatest threat to your cat during kittenhood and can kill cats by robbing them of the vital nourishment needed to live and grow. Many kittens are born with large roundworms which are passed from the mother to the kitten(s).
Large roundworms are common so it is important to watch for these symptoms in your cat:
● Vomiting and diarrhea
● Bloating (pot belly)
● Dull and lackluster coat
● Dull and lackluster general appearance
INACTIVE INGREDIENT: Magnesium Stearate
StorageStore at controlled room temperature 15-30°C (59-86°F)
In case of an Emergency, call: 1-800-781-4738
Non-Emergency, call: 1-800-224-PETS (7387)
SENTRY is committed to providing high quality products. If you have any questions or comments about this product, please write: SENTRY Consumer Response, PO Box 540399, Omaha, NE 68154-0399
Distributed by: Sergeant’s Pet Care Products Inc., Omaha, NE 68138
NAC No.: 1083299.1
dba Perrigo Animal Health
P.O. BOX 540399, OMAHA, NE, 68154-0399
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the SENTRY Worm Away for cats information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-05-30