Rabvac 3 (Canada)This page contains information on Rabvac 3 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Rabvac 3 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Rabvac 3
- Direction and dosage information for Rabvac 3
Rabvac 3This treatment applies to the following species:
Rabies Vaccine, Killed Virus
For use in dogs, cats and horses only.
Veterinary Use Only
Rabvac 3 Indications
Rabvac 3 is a killed virus vaccine for the vaccination of healthy dogs, cats and horses for the prevention of disease due to rabies. This vaccine meets the three year duration of immunity requirements for dogs and cats, and one year duration of immunity for horses.
This product is restricted for use by or under the supervision of a veterinarian.
Rabvac 3 Dosage And Administration
Dogs and Cats: Inject one dose (1 mL) subcutaneously or at one site in the thigh intramuscularly. Vaccinate dogs and cats 3 months of age or older with one dose. Revaccinate with a repeat dose one year later. Revaccinate both dogs and cats every 3 years.
Horses: Inject one 2 mL dose intramuscularly. Vaccinate horses 3 months of age or older. Revaccinate with a repeat 2 mL dose one year later. Annual revaccination with one 2 mL dose is required.
The PEEL-OFF LABEL I.D. SYSTEM provides a simple and effective method of recording pertinent information on the vaccines administered to animals in a veterinary practice.
For vaccines requiring reconstitution, remove label from both vials and affix both labels to the animal’s medical chart.
Using the System:
Grasp the vial label at the corner marked with an indicator arrow, between your thumb and forefinger (figure 1).
Pull steadily at a slight angle until the label is separated from the vial (figure 2).
Place the label on the animal’s medical chart. Press down on the label to ensure adhesion.
- Store between 2-7°C. Do not freeze. Shake well before use. Use entire contents when first opened.
- The use of a biological may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
- A local reaction may occur at the injection site following subcutaneous administration.
- Some reports suggest that in cats, the administration of certain veterinary biologicals may induce the development of injection site fibrosarcomas.
- Do not vaccinate horses within 21 days before slaughter.
Preservatives: Gentamicin and thimerosal.
Rabvac® is a registered trademark of Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. Used under license.
Manufactured by: Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc., St. Joseph, Missouri 64506 U.S.A.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 124
Manufactured for: Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada) Ltd., Burlington, Ontario L7L 5H4
This package contains 50 x 1 mL vials of vaccine.
NAC No.: 1230094.2
5180 SOUTH SERVICE ROAD, BURLINGTON, ON, L7L 5H4
|Customer Care No.:||1-800-567-1885|
|Technical Services No.:||1-877-565-5501|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Rabvac 3 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-09-03