Rabvac 1 (Canada)This page contains information on Rabvac 1 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Rabvac 1 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Rabvac 1
- Direction and dosage information for Rabvac 1
Rabvac 1This treatment applies to the following species:
Rabies Vaccine, Killed Virus
Veterinary Use Only
For use in dogs and cats only.
Rabvac 1 Indications
Rabvac 1 is a killed virus vaccine for the vaccination of healthy dogs and cats for the prevention of disease due to rabies. This vaccine meets the one year duration of immunity requirements.
Rabvac 1 Dosage And Administration
Inject one dose (1 mL) subcutaneously or at one site in the thigh intramuscularly.
Dogs: Vaccinate dogs 3 months of age or older with one dose.
Cats: Vaccinate cats 3 months of age or older with one dose.
Annual revaccination for both dogs and cats is required.
This product is restricted for use by or under the supervision of a veterinarian.
The PEEL-OFF LABEL I.D. SYSTEM provides a simple and effective method of recording pertinent information on the vaccines administered to animals in a veterinary practice.
For vaccines requiring reconstitution, remove label from both vials and affix both labels to the animal’s medical chart.
Using the System:
Grasp the vial label at the corner marked with an indicator arrow, between your thumb and forefinger (figure 1).
Pull steadily at a slight angle until the label is separated from the vial (figure 2).
Place the label on the animal’s medical chart. Press down on the label to ensure adhesion.
- Store between 2-7°C. Do not freeze. Shake well before use.
- The use of a biological may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
- A local reaction may occur at the injection site following subcutaneous administration.
- Some reports suggest that in cats, the administration of certain veterinary biologicals may induce the development of injection-site fibrosarcomas.
Preservatives: Gentamicin and thimerosal.
Rabvac® is a registered trademark of Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. Used under license.
Manufactured by: Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc., St. Joseph, Missouri 64506 U.S.A.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 124
Manufactured for: Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada) Ltd., Burlington, Ontario L7L 5H4
This package contains 50 x 1 mL vials of vaccine.
NAC No.: 12300931
5180 SOUTH SERVICE ROAD, BURLINGTON, ON, L7L 5H4
|Customer Care No.:||800-567-1885|
|Technical Services No.:||1-877-565-5501|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Rabvac 1 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-04-21