The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Rabies Rapid ScreenThis page contains information on Rabies Rapid Screen for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Rabies Rapid Screen Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Rabies Rapid Screen
- Direction and dosage information for Rabies Rapid Screen
Rabies Rapid ScreenThis treatment applies to the following species:
Test to detect the presence of Rabies Virus
-yes/no results in 35 minutes
-suitable for field work
-single sample use
Not for Human Use
Each Kit Contains:
5 linear flow cassettes with antibody
5 Sterile cotton swabs
5 Transfer pipettes
5 Aliquots of buffer
1 Directions for use
Rabies Rapid Screen Caution
Wear gloves and eye protection at all times.
1. Open pouch and check that the desiccant is blue. If it is pink, do not use test.
2. Thoroughly swab for saliva using the cotton swab provided.
3. Place saliva swab in the pre-measured buffer vial provided and allow it to soak for 15 minutes.
4. Squeeze as much sample as possible from the cotton swab by pressing and rotating it against the side of the buffer vial.
5. Fill the pipette to the first calibration line (100µl) with saliva/buffer mix and dispense into the sample well (S).
6. Read test results after 20 minutes.
Negative- both C and T lines present
Positive- C line present; T line absent
Invalid- no C line; repeat test
Negative Result-there is no guarantee that rabies is absent at the time the sample is screened
Positive Result-rabies is most likely present; it is a clear indication for concern and indicates a need for caution and further testing
This test is for animal use only-not for use on humans
Results are not quantitative. Operators must wear gloves and eye protection, be immunized for rabies, trained to work with rabid animals and follow all national, state and local laws regarding the handling and testing of all animals possibly exposed to the rabies virus.
Store at Room Temperature
Technical Support: Michael A. Huchital, Ph.D.
Presentation: The Rapid™ Rabies Screen comes in a 3” x 6” container, weighs only a few ounces and is designed to be used in the field. This allows samples to be tested immediately without storage or transport. Test swabs are provided along with buffer and strips. Each package can perform 5 individual screens.
NAC No.: 14190000
11 QUIET CREEK, SUITE 40, Florence, KY, 41042
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Rabies Rapid Screen information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-03-29