Quikchek B.U.N. Reagent StripsThis page contains information on Quikchek B.U.N. Reagent Strips for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Quikchek B.U.N. Reagent Strips Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Quikchek B.U.N. Reagent Strips
- Direction and dosage information for Quikchek B.U.N. Reagent Strips
Quikchek B.U.N. Reagent StripsThis treatment applies to the following species:
B.U.N. Reagent Strips are a reagent strip for the determination of blood urea nitrogen. A semi-permeable membrane is employed. Each strip is stable and ready to use when removed from the storage vial.
Quikchek B.U.N. Reagent Strips Indications
B.U.N Reagent Strips are a one minute test for blood urea nitrogen in whole blood, serum or heparinized plasma.
Test Procedure: Specimen Collection and Preparation: B.U.N. Reagent strips are intended for use with whole blood, serum or heparinized plasma only.
1. Range: 10-100 mg/dl
2. Specimen: whole blood, serum or heparinized plasma
3. Sample Volume: 50-100 µL (1 drop)
4. Reaction Time: 1 minute
5. Storage: room temperature only
Whole blood with fluoride as a preservative should be avoided. Hematocrits greater than 55% can cause lower results.
If patient is severely dehydrated use serum or plasma only.
Test Interpretation: Normal Value for B.U.N.:
Canine: 10-20 mg/dl
Feline: 10-30 mg/dl
Equine: 10-25 mg/dl
Proper timing is critical for this technique.
1. Apply 1 large drop (50-100 µL) of sample to the pad.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Wipe sample off with a tissue. Use moderate pressure evenly on the reagent pad area. Remove all excess sample.
4. Wait an additional 30 seconds.
5. Compare color of the pad with the color chart to obtain B.U.N. value.
StorageReagent strips should be stored in the vial in a cool, dry place at room temperature. Avoid excessive humidity, temperature extremes, and direct sunlight. The vial should be stored tightly capped with the desiccant. Remove desired number of strips and recap immediately. Do not handle reagent pad area. Do not refrigerate.
Caution(s): B.U.N. Reagent strips are for in-vitro diagnostic use.
Presentation: B.U.N. Reagent strips are available in kits of 25 tests.
NAC No.: 14880060
1351 OLD 56 HWY WEST BLDG F, OLATHE, KS, 66061
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Quikchek B.U.N. Reagent Strips information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-06-30