PT Blen (Canada)This page contains information on PT Blen for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- PT Blen Indications
- Warnings and cautions for PT Blen
- Direction and dosage information for PT Blen
PT BlenThis treatment applies to the following species:
Avian Encephalomyelitis-Fowl Pox Vaccine
PT Blen Indications
This vaccine contains live avian encephalomyelitis and fowl pox viruses for the vaccination of commercial layer or breeder replacement pullets between ten weeks of age and four weeks before production by wing web stab as an aid in the prevention of avian encephalomyelitis and fowl pox. It is essential that the chickens be maintained under good environmental conditions and that exposure to disease viruses be reduced as much as possible.
Store vaccine at 2-7°C (35-45°F). Do not freeze. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter. Use entire contents within four hours of opening. Burn this container and all unused contents. Contains gentamicin as a bacteriostatic agent.
WING WEB METHOD
1. Pull up on the plastic tear-flip-up top to remove the aluminum seal from the bottle containing the vaccine. Carefully pry up one edge of the rubber stopper to permit air to replace the vacuum in the bottle, then remove the stopper.
2. Remove the aluminum seal from the bottle containing the diluent, and transfer the entire contents to the bottle containing the vaccine. Replace the stopper and shake the contents vigorously until the vaccine is evenly suspended.
5 mL diluent into each 500 dose vial
10 mL diluent into each 1,000 dose vial
3. To apply the vaccine, dip the two-pronged applicator supplied in the package into the vaccine and stab into the webbed portion of the wing from the underside. Avoid stabbing through feathers which may wipe off the vaccine.
4. The applicator is designed to carry the proper amount of vaccine in the grooves of the needles. The needles should be touched briefly to the inner lip of the bottle before withdrawing to avoid wasting vaccine which may drop from the needles. Dip the applicator before each application.
Do not vaccinate diseased chickens.
Vaccinate all chickens on the premises at one time.
Administer a minimum of one dose per chicken.
Avoid stress conditions during and following vaccination.
Do not place chickens in contaminated facilities.
Exposure to disease must be minimized as much as possible.
For veterinary use only.
Check For Takes
At about seven to ten days after vaccination, the birds may be examined for takes. A good take reaction, indicating that a satisfactory vaccination was done, shows swelling of the skin with scab formation at the point of vaccination. The scabs will fall off about two to three weeks following vaccination. If good takes are not seen, it may mean that the birds were immune to fowl pox, that the vaccination job was poor, or that the vaccine used had lost its potency through extended storage or mishandling.
Merial’s vaccines have met the requirements of the USDA/CFIA in regard to safety, purity, and potency. This vaccine has been tested by the master seed immunogenicity test for efficacy.
PT Blen Caution
The capability of this vaccine to produce satisfactory results depends upon many factors, including - but not limited to - conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of individual chickens, and degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions for use should be followed carefully. The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable local laws and regulations.
THIS VACCINE IS NON-RETURNABLE
MERIAL, INC., Athens, GA 30601 USA
U.S. Vet Lic. No. 298
Product Code 8344-05, 8344-15
Presentation: 25 x 1,000 doses.
5180 SOUTH SERVICE ROAD, BURLINGTON, ON, L7L 5H4
|Customer Care No.:||1-800-567-1885|
|Technical Services No.:||1-877-565-5501|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the PT Blen information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2020 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-10-21