Progard-6This page contains information on Progard-6 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Progard-6 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Progard-6
- Direction and dosage information for Progard-6
Progard-6This treatment applies to the following species:
Canine Distemper-adenovirus Type 2-coronavirus-parainfluenza-parvovirus Vaccine
Modified Live And Killed Virus
For Use In Dogs Only
Product Description: Progard®-6 Is A Modified Live Virus Vaccine Containing Attenuated Strains Of Canine Distemper Virus, Adenovirus Type 2, Parainfluenza Virus And Parvovirus Grown In The Pro-cell Stable Cell Line™. progard®-6 Is Presented In A Desiccated Form With Inactivated Canine Coronavirus As The Diluent.
the Attenuated Distemper Virus Strain Used In progard®-6 Is The Onderstepoort Strain. The Parvovirus Component Is Patented* cpv Strain 154® Which Is An Attenuated Parvovirus Strain Of Canine Origin. The Unique Intertek™ Production Process Has Made It Possible To Produce progard®-6 With High Titered Cpv And Cdv Components Which Are Highly Immunogenic.
the Manhattan Strain Of Adenovirus Type 2 In progard®-6 Confers Protection Against Canine Infectious Hepatitis Caused By Cav-1 As Well As Infectious Tracheobronchitis Caused By Cav-2. The Use Of The Manhattan Strain Of Cav-2 Provides Dual Protection Without The Adverse Reactions Associated With Cav-1, Such As Corneal Edema (“blue Eye”).
indications: Progard®-6 Is For Vaccination Of Healthy Dogs Against Canine Distemper Virus, Canine Infectious Hepatitis Caused By Cav-1, Canine Respiratory Infection Caused By Cav-2, Canine Parainfluenza Virus Infection, Canine Parvovirus And Canine Coronavirus.
safety And EfficacyThe safety, efficacy and compatibility of each of the components of PROGARD®-6 have been demonstrated to meet or exceed the standards set forth by the U.S.D.A. Extensive safety testing has demonstrated that CPV STRAIN 154® and the CDV components are safe when given to puppies as young as 4 weeks of age. In challenge studies, CPV STRAIN 154® prevented virulent CPV infection and subsequent lymphopenia and excretion of virulent CPV in 100% of the vaccinates. Severe clinical signs and lymphopenia, accompanied by excretion of virulent CPV, were present in 100% of the control dogs. Severity of challenge was evident in the control dogs for both CPV and CDV challenge studies. Clinical signs of CPV and CDV infections were prevented in 100% of the vaccinates.
Directions For UseAseptically reconstitute the desiccated vaccine with the canine coronavirus diluent provided and administer 1 ml by the subcutaneous route. Initial vaccination of healthy dogs may be given as early as 6 weeks of age with booster injections administered every 3-4 weeks until 12 weeks of age. Dogs over 12 weeks of age should receive 2 doses 3-4 weeks apart. Annual revaccination with a single dose is recommended.
1. Recommended storage temperature 35-45°F (2-7°C). Do not freeze.
2. Shake well before use.
3. Use contents promptly once reconstituted.
4. Non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes should be used for administration of vaccine.
5. Avoid vaccinating pregnant bitches.
6. Administration of epinephrine may be indicated in the event of an anaphylactic reaction.
7. Contains gentamicin and thimerosal as preservatives.
8. Burn this container and all unused contents.
9. Only healthy animals should be vaccinated. Animals incubating any disease, or animals stressed due to shipping, malnutrition or parasitism may not achieve or maintain an adequate immune response.
10. This product is not hazardous when used according to directions supplied. A material safety data sheet (MSDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Intervet's Customer Service Department at 1-800-441-8272.
SuppliedCartons of 25-1 dose desiccated vaccine vials and 25-1 ml inactivated canine coronavirus vials as diluent. Packaged in recyclable plastic containers.
Sales Product Code No. C-674-1
For Veterinary Use Only
U.s. Veterinary License No. 286
INTERVET INC., 405 State Street, Millsboro, DE 19966
*U.S. Patent No. 4,810,494
29160 INTERVET LANE, P.O. BOX 318, MILLSBORO, DE, 19966-0318
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Progard-6 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-05-31