Preventic Topical Solution Extra Large Dog (Canada)This page contains information on Preventic Topical Solution Extra Large Dog for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Preventic Topical Solution Extra Large Dog Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Preventic Topical Solution Extra Large Dog
- Direction and dosage information for Preventic Topical Solution Extra Large Dog
Preventic Topical Solution Extra Large DogThis treatment applies to the following species:
Flea, Tick, Mosquito and Lice Adulticide
Once-A-Month Topical Flea, Tick, Mosquito and Lice Treatment
FOR USE ONLY ON DOGS OVER 25 kg
DO NOT USE ON CATS OR KITTENS
READ THE LABEL AND INSERT BEFORE USING
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
WARNING POISON AND EYE IRRITANT
TOXIC TO CATS
Reg. NO. 32567 P.C.P. ACT
PREVENTIC™ Topical Solution Extra Large Dog will control fleas, ticks and lice on dogs within 1 day of treatment and will continue to protect the dog from further flea, tick and lice infestation for at least 4 weeks. PREVENTIC™ Topical Solution Extra Large Dog also kills mosquitoes. Re-infestation from the emergence of new fleas and ticks in the environment may continue to occur for 6 weeks or longer after treatment is initiated. Re-treatment at monthly intervals is required if re-infestation is continuous or if flea and tick control is desired. If re-treatment becomes necessary earlier than 4 weeks, do not re-treat more than once weekly. For effective flea, tick and lice control, treatment of the pet should be combined with the sanitation of any area used by the pet. Vacuum floors, carpets, and furniture (discard vacuum bag after use) and wash the pet’s bedding, living quarters, and surrounding areas. If pest problems persist, an insecticidal premise treatment may be required. Shampooing of the dog may shorten the duration of protection, therefore, re-application following shampooing is recommended. The successive feeding activity of fleas on pets may elicit a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). Treatment of pets with PREVENTIC™ Topical Solution Extra Large Dog rapidly kills fleas and may reduce incidence of this condition. For use on pregnant/lactating animals, consult your veterinarian.
HUMANS: KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. Harmful if swallowed, or absorbed through the skin. Causes eye irritation. DO NOT get in eyes. Avoid contact with skin and clothing. Avoid contact with pets until dry. Wear rubber gloves when applying product. After handling or applying, wash hands (or any other skin that came into contact with the product) with soap and water. This product is extremely toxic to fish. Do not contaminate water, feed or food by storage or disposal.
PETS: Toxic to Cats. Cats that actively groom or engage in close physical contact with recently treated dogs may be at risk of serious harm, including death. Sensitivities may occur after using any pesticide for pets. Smaller animals are more likely to experience an adverse reaction. Observe carefully. Consult a veterinarian before using on sick, aged, pregnant or nursing animals or animals receiving drug or other pesticide treatment. Do not use on animals under 8 weeks of age. Call 1-800-338-3659 for assistance regarding PREVENTIC™ Topical Solution Extra Large Dog use.
● IF IN EYES: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● IF SWALLOWED: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
● IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe the pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Take container, label or product name and Pest Control Product Registration Number with you when seeking medical or veterinary attention.
TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION: Treat the patient symptomatically.
DisposalDo not reuse empty container. Wrap empty tube and cap in newspaper and dispose in household garbage.
Directions For Use
● Do NOT administer by mouth. Do not use on dogs under 8 weeks of age.
● A veterinarian should be consulted when pest infestation continues to be a problem on the pet.
● Do not use on cats or kittens. Consult a veterinarian before using on sick, aged, pregnant or nursing animals or animals under drug or other pesticide treatments.
● Use only on dogs weighing over 25 kg.
● This product is packaged in single dosage tubes. This package contains 3 monthly 4.0 mL dosages. Treat your dog or puppy monthly in the manner described below. Do not apply a dosage higher than one 4.0 mL tube at a time.
● Re-treatment at monthly intervals is required if re-infestation is continuous or if flea, tick and lice control is desired. If re-treatment becomes necessary earlier than 4 weeks, do not retreat more than once weekly.
● Remove 1 applicator from the package.
● Hold applicator tube in upright position. Pull cap off tube.
● Turn cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
● Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
● The dog should be standing for easy application. The entire contents of the PREVENTIC™ Topical Solution Extra Large tube should be applied evenly to 6 or 8 spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to dispense a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog. Do not get this product in your pet’s eyes or mouth.
● Discard the empty tube as described in “DISPOSAL”.
RETAIN PACKAGING INFORMATION FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
© 2017 Virbac Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
PREVENTIC is a trademark of Virbac S.A.
Virbac Canada Inc. 1400-340 Albert Street, Ottawa, ON, K1R 0A5
209-231 SHEARSON CRESCENT, CAMBRIDGE, ON, N1T 1J5
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Preventic Topical Solution Extra Large Dog information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2020 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-09-29